Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >
  • My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

• My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 04-03-2010, 12:36 PM

It's going to be lovely. Have fun with it.
    Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Awesome! Simply awesome! I'm so envious... I know how time consuming it is to make a bargello pattern, no matter what the size. Tell me, who cleans your house? LOL :oops: :oops:
    Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
    Alright. I got the wedge kind of filled in. I still may need a few more of the light at the center of it, but I haven't got that far yet. I also added some yellows and the pink on the side near the counter on the first section I did. Then on the 3rd and 4th sections, the sections right of the beginning point of the wedge, I also removed pinks to get the thing even.
    Hi Marilyn....It's Phyllis and I cannot believe how far you have gotten with your magnificent quilt! It is stunning! I absolutely can't figure out what you are saying but I can really appreciate the photos. LOL!!!!!!! Do you mean to say the first little bargello was the ONLY other one you did before this?????? I'm embarrassed to tell you how long I have been working on a baby crazy quilt I am making for charity! Keep doing and posting and I'm so glad you found the other machine. I am so impressed! WOW!!!!

:roll:
    Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
    Awesome! Simply awesome! I'm so envious... I know how time consuming it is to make a bargello pattern, no matter what the size. Tell me, who cleans your house? LOL :oops: :oops:
    Well, to tell you the truth.....Therein lies the problem! :lol: I am doing dishes, laundry and cooking but some things are sliding! I'm bad.
    Old 04-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Phyl
    Originally Posted by danmar
    Alright. I got the wedge kind of filled in. I still may need a few more of the light at the center of it, but I haven't got that far yet. I also added some yellows and the pink on the side near the counter on the first section I did. Then on the 3rd and 4th sections, the sections right of the beginning point of the wedge, I also removed pinks to get the thing even.
    Hi Marilyn....It's Phyllis and I cannot believe how far you have gotten with your magnificent quilt! It is stunning! I absolutely can't figure out what you are saying but I can really appreciate the photos. LOL!!!!!!! Do you mean to say the first little bargello was the ONLY other one you did before this?????? I'm embarrassed to tell you how long I have been working on a baby crazy quilt I am making for charity! Keep doing and posting and I'm so glad you found the other machine. I am so impressed! WOW!!!!

:roll:

Hi Phyllis!!! Good to hear from you! I am so glad that I got the other machine figured out and up and running! I was going through "sewing" withdrawals. :mrgreen: It's not your fault that you don't understand what I'm saying really. I talk about the 3rd and 4th sections, etc. but I'm probably the only one who knows which sections are which number, (since I numbered them). :oops: Thank you for the compliments.
    And yes, this is my 2nd Bargello project. (#1 being the 12" block.) Thank you Phyllis!

Marilyn
    Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Holy Moly, that's complicated. I don't think I'd grasp it if I was sitting on your kitchen floor!
    Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM

I have another picture and an update here. I am getting the pieces and the strips ready for the quilt. I am going to fill in the wedges and the edges of the quilt with the purples. Here is what I have done so far.

Have a Happy Easter everybody!
    Marilyn

How the Bargello is looking now. I'm filling in the wedges and edges. 4-4-10
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]44270[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-44270.jpe  
    Old 04-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Lady you have got a talent you ought to publish you a book. Excellant job.
    Old 04-04-2010, 03:05 PM

It's beautiful. How big is it going to end up being? The pictures make it look like it might be 10' x 12' or something but I can't imagine it's that huge. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM

omg

i'm so happy to be sitting here watching this. i would never have the patience to do one this large. really beautiful work. can't wait to see it finished.

happy easter :P