Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >
  • My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

• My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM

Oh gosh, I love the side photos--it looks like the wind is blowing it! Have you named it? I'd call it "Swish!" :lol:

Are you going to make another??? If yes, I want to watch again!! :-D
    Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
    Oh gosh, I love the side photos--it looks like the wind is blowing it! Have you named it? I'd call it "Swish!" :lol:

Are you going to make another??? If yes, I want to watch again!! :-D
    Hi barnbum! Thank you! The name of my quilt is now "Swish!"
    I think that is a great and appropriate name. So, Swish! it is!
    Thank you for the name! I hadn't thought of one yet.

I don't know yet what I'm going to make next. I need to finish this one first. If I do a bargello, I will make it different than this one. I will probably make a pattern as I go along and make it about the same design as this. My youngest daughter April wants one like this so maybe that is what I'll make next. We'll just have to wait and see. I'll let you know.
    Marilyn
    Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 PM

I am honored to have named such a masterpiece! :-D
    Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Marilyn:
    I've been watching this feed and loving all the pics to illustrate your progress. It's absolutely georgous!!! I do have a stupid question tho, and I hope someone else hasn't already asked, but, here goes: When you put the wedges in to fill in the blank areas, how do you sew those in? It looks to me like you are sewing two flights of stairs together. Are you doing it by hand? Or by machine? Please explain. I'm very interested in trying one of these.
    Doug
    Hi Doug! Thank you for watching and for the compliments. First of all, that is not a stupid question, not at all. I am going to do a tutorial on how to do the wedges. I took pictures of the wedge and how I did it yesterday while I finished the last wedge.
    I did it all by machine.

I am going to make a pattern for this quilt. On the pattern, I will try to explain how to do the quilt in "the sections" so you don't have to try to add in the wedges later. It would be a whole lot simpler.

But, if you are wanting to make strips and just lay them out and make up your own pattern as you go along like I did, then you will need to know how to figure out the wedge and sew it in. So, I will do a tutorial as soon as possible. Probably within a week. Sorry to keep you waiting but I have a few things I have to do first for my Mom.

Marilyn
    Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    are you planning to actually use this as a .... quilt? i would worry about it all the time. what size bed would you use it on?
    Hi butterflywing! I'm sorry but I don't understand. Why would you worry about it all the time? It will fit a double or queen size bed. I plan on selling this quilt.
    Marilyn
    Old 04-12-2010, 04:07 PM

What can I say that hasn't been said alread, wow, what a beautiful startling quilt.
    Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
    Originally Posted by butterflywing
    are you planning to actually use this as a .... quilt? i would worry about it all the time. what size bed would you use it on?
    Hi butterflywing! I'm sorry but I don't understand. Why would you worry about it all the time? It will fit a double or queen size bed. I plan on selling this quilt.
    Marilyn
    i would be worrying about harming it. it's so beautiful, i would hate to get it soiled or snagged. it took so much time and thought to make this and it's totally unique.
    i would feel awful if something happened to it. (i would display it, i'd be that proud of myself).
    Old 04-12-2010, 05:14 PM

Love the colors. Can't wait to see finish quilt.
    Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Hi everybody! I want to thank you all for coming along with me for support and encouragement while I undertook this latest challenge. I enjoy 'challenging' myself for some strange reason. :) I took the quilt top to the quilter's and dropped it off today. When I get it back, I will do the binding and then post some pictures.

I have been asked several times to do a tutorial on how to make this Bargello. Well, I am planning to make a pattern for it. I will be selling the pattern for $8.00 plus $2.00 shipping (unless I email you the pattern.) I should have the pattern done in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks again for all the comments, compliments, support and encouragement. It meant alot to me. I had alot of fun making this quilt top with you.

Marilyn
    Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 AM

thanks danmar, I will keep my eyes peeled for the tut.