Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My first Art Quilt >
  • My first Art Quilt

• My first Art Quilt

Old 08-15-2008, 02:58 PM

I loved that and how co-inncidental that just this morning I wenet to a second hand store in Brookings, OR. A man working there showed me a vase(?) about 7 inches or so high and maybe 4 inches or less around. It was clay like with bright Indian type design and paint texture. The man had found a picture of it on e-bay for $100 plus S&H. He was telling me that when they find things that are found to have a beyond normal second hand value, they check it out and this time they hit paydirt. He said they had a policy that if they have something shown on e-bay, they will sell it half price if the people come in and pick it up. They will going to put it in a boutique they run. (Forget the storet name but it was something like ____ Gospel Lighthouse in Brookings, Oregon. ) If I were a collector and had $50 I'd have grabbed it up in a heartbeat. I am not sure if it was a Navaho or something else. Looked a real antique. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy that information that was inspired to come forth after my seeing this beautiful art quilt. Vickey Stamps ([email protected]) of California