Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My First Custom Order King Quilt >
  • My First Custom Order King Quilt

• My First Custom Order King Quilt

Old 12-19-2010, 04:49 PM

I really wonderful quilt. Quilted on a regular sewing machine !!! You have more talent than you might believe.

I think your customer must like the Broncos - ya think?
    Old 12-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
    You do wonderful work! I am impressed!
    I see you are from New Mexico. I was in Albuquerque in July of '09, I really loved it. I could easily be happy living there....well, maybe not, I would be so far away from my GS, but I would love to visit again.
    I was born and raised in Albuquerque. I moved to North Carolina after I graduated high school. Went to college then in 1991 I decided to go to the police academy (BLET). I was hired on at the Hickory Police Department as a police officer. I then resigned at the end of 2000 for medical reasons and moved back to NM. I've been here ever since. I miss the green of NC but I don't miss the humidity. I tell my hubby that if I could live somewhere green without humidity, warm but not hot, no bugs (ticks, flies, that type), with mountains and an ocean, I'd be happy.
    Old 12-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella
    I really wonderful quilt. Quilted on a regular sewing machine !!! You have more talent than you might believe.

I think your customer must like the Broncos - ya think?
    Thank you Gingerella. It isn't easy. Yeah, I kinda think they are Broncos fans. Right now I am working on a custom order for this lady. Her daughter's boyfriend plays for the Cincinnati Bearcats. I'm making a wall hanging using that photo fabric (never used it before) with a large paw print in the center, stained glass, with 3 pictures of him during the game, then his last name and number. That has to be done by Tuesday.
    Old 12-19-2010, 06:10 PM

I really do appreciate all your wonderful comments. I'm new to quilting and this is the first king quilt I have made for anyone. I have made smaller quilts such as throw and crib size, all this year. I'm glad I found out about the Quilting Board. It feels really good to feel like I'm good at something. I know you can't tell from the picture but I am 100% disabled. I have hip dysplasia (a birth defect I didn't find out about until 1997), Fibromyalgia,nerve damage in my neck and lower back, just to name a few. I'm in devastating pain most of the time and can barely walk. That's one reason I'm so proud of this quilt because I did it all on my every day machine. I can't afford a longarm, they are just to expensive. Thank you again. It was what I needed to hear.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tsanchez

I was born and raised in Albuquerque. I moved to North Carolina after I graduated high school. Went to college then in 1991 I decided to go to the police academy (BLET). I was hired on at the Hickory Police Department as a police officer. I then resigned at the end of 2000 for medical reasons and moved back to NM. I've been here ever since. I miss the green of NC but I don't miss the humidity. I tell my hubby that if I could live somewhere green without humidity, warm but not hot, no bugs (ticks, flies, that type), with mountains and an ocean, I'd be happy.
    If you find that Utopia, let me know...DH and I will meet you there!
    8-) :thumbup:
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:04 PM

I really do appreciate all your wonderful comments. I'm new to quilting and this is the first king quilt I have made for anyone. I have made smaller quilts such as throw and crib size, all this year. I'm glad I found out about the Quilting Board. It feels really good to feel like I'm good at something. I know you can't tell from the picture but I am 100% disabled. I have hip dysplasia (a birth defect I didn't find out about until 1997), Fibromyalgia,nerve damage in my neck and lower back, just to name a few. I'm in devastating pain most of the time and can barely walk. That's one reason I'm so proud of this quilt because I did it all on my every day machine. I can't afford a longarm, they are just to expensive. Thank you again. It was what I needed to hear.
    Sounds like despite a lot of problems that might have stopped many people, you haven't let it stop you from being a very creative, productive person. You definitely have talent, never doubt that! :thumbup:
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM

You did a wonderful job! I am sure he was pleased with it! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    You did a King on a regular machine?? WOW
    That's a great quilt! Good job :D:D
    That's what I was thinking!!!! I can't quilt on my sewing machine at all. I'm horrible at it. You did wonderful!!! :D
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 PM

And you do the same if you find it. We all can dream right?!
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:30 PM

And you do the same if you find it. We all can dream right?!
    Absolutely! :)