Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Most Confusing Quilt  by Danmar >
  • My Most Confusing Quilt by Danmar

• My Most Confusing Quilt by Danmar

Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Beautiful finished quilt and fascinating to see your design process. Thanks so much for sharing, plus i love the pic of Skinny 'helping' you!
    Thank you k3n! Skinny is always helping me. She is like my shadow. It can be a pain sometimes though, like when you are trying to sew and she lays as close to the sewing machine as she can possibly get without being on it. I love her to death though.
    Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 AM

I love them All. Looks like your cute quilt helper dose too. Great job. It truned out beautiful.
    Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by danmar
    Originally Posted by k3n
    Beautiful finished quilt and fascinating to see your design process. Thanks so much for sharing, plus i love the pic of Skinny 'helping' you!
    Thank you k3n! Skinny is always helping me. She is like my shadow. It can be a pain sometimes though, like when you are trying to sew and she lays as close to the sewing machine as she can possibly get without being on it. I love her to death though.
    Yes, my Barney Cat sleeps on my sewing chair and there am I perched on the very edge! Then he pushes and even digs his claws in if he thinks I'm taking too much room! :mrgreen: If I leave blocks or fabric laid out on the desk, the next morning I'll find that he's rearranged them for me and annointed them with a light sprinkling of hair! SO helpful, aren't they! :lol:
    Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 AM

Wow that turned out great and I really did love the first one that you said was busy. hahahah Simply put stunning on how you showed your process.
    Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 AM

What an amazing gift. I think she will be flabbergasted at the gorgeous gift. I mean who gets something that special as a gift.. wow. It turned out beautiful. I love how you do your photo shoots of the works in progress. Do you ever go back and flip through them later? a nice way to keep your quilts with you even after they are gone to new homes.
    Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    What an amazing gift. I think she will be flabbergasted at the gorgeous gift. I mean who gets something that special as a gift.. wow. It turned out beautiful. I love how you do your photo shoots of the works in progress. Do you ever go back and flip through them later? a nice way to keep your quilts with you even after they are gone to new homes.
    Thank you very much! I got my first digital camera, thanks to my daughter's insistance, in Nov. 2008. Once I learned to use it, I became addicted. I have always liked to take pictures of the different things that I've made, whether it was knitted, crocheted, macramed, a cross stitch, etc. I do "Photo shoots" of all of my projects now, since I have a digital camera (instead of just the finished product). It's great to see how everything is looking.

I usually have several layout options in my head when I'm making a quilt and it really helps to lay each one out, see how it looks and if I like it. If I do like it, then I take a picture and put it on the computer. When I get all the options on it, then I can compare them and decide which one I like best and know how to make my quilt.

I have 1 1/2 albums of projects now. One has knitting, crocheting, etc up until I started quilting. The second half of the book is quilting and the 2nd album is half full now of quilts. I also have a 3rd album. It is for Very Special Blocks. Mostly in it are my Carpenter's Star blocks. I've done over a hundred, each one different and beautiful. It is my favorite block so I want to keep every block. I kind of get to keep them since I have a picture of every one of them. 56 of them are in my daughter's quilt which is pictured on this site. Another 30 are in Dawn's Quilt, which is also on this site. I still have the rest here, other than the ones that were made into pillows. Also in this Very Special Blocks album are my Star blocks that I made and the 28 blocks I've made for my daughter April's quilt. (It should be done in about another 20 years!!!!)

And Yes! I love to get out my album and look at the pictures.
    I see all of the things that I've made and I just can't believe that I've only been quilting about a year and a half!!! So many things in such a short amount of time! I also have pictures of some quilts that just didn't "work out", kind of like this one almost didn't, but I loved my original layout idea. Someday I will make another quilt and figure out how to use my original layouts that I didn't get to use. I love looking at my past projects, my past blocks, and my original ideas that just haven't come together yet.
    Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 AM
    Power Poster

It turned out just wonderful!!
    Old 03-23-2010, 04:08 AM

awesome, thanks for the inspiration!
    Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 AM
    Power Poster

I love the finished quilt, but I like all the other lay outs too. You did a wonderful job and you should be soooo proud.
    Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 AM

Wow! All of the layouts are stunning. You do such beautiful work. I'm in awe!