Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Quilting Assistant >
  • My Quilting Assistant

• My Quilting Assistant

Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
    Love your assistant. I lost my assistant of 16 1/2 years last month. My studio seems empty without him. He was my biggest fan of my quilt! Looks like Lexie is a fan of your quilts also.:)
    It is hard to lose a family pet.....let alone a devoted assistant. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes, Lexie is a fan of my quilts.

The quilt in her mouth is part of one that I had purchased to cover the couch over 20 years ago when I got my first boxer puppy. It is from the esteemed K-Mart collection.....LOL. I cut that worn and well used one up into 6 sections to fit in Lexie's crate. She loves to "love" on them. The one currently on the couch is from the well known WalMart collection, LOL.

Fortunately for her, I have yet to actually make one for her to tear up.
    Old 10-13-2011, 05:41 AM

I try to convice my DH that I need a "helper" but......not til we don't travel he say's !!
    Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by ladypetite
    Love your assistant. I lost my assistant of 16 1/2 years last month. My studio seems empty without him. He was my biggest fan of my quilt! Looks like Lexie is a fan of your quilts also.:)
    It is hard to lose a family pet.....let alone a devoted assistant. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

The quilt in her mouth is part of one that I had purchased to cover the couch over 20 years ago when I got my first boxer puppy. It is from the esteemed K-Mart collection.....LOL. I cut that worn and well used one up into 6 sections to fit in Lexie's crate. She loves to "love" on them. The one currently on the couch is from the well known WalMart collection, LOL.

A few years ago I went to a quilt shop with my SIL. She could not believe that I was buying new fabric for a quilt for Otis. I told her he needed a flannel quilt and I didn't have a used one for him. We had two dogs and each one had at LEAST one summer and one winter quilt. Our Lab didn't like the quilts until he got to be about 10 - then his old bones liked the quilts too.
    Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by tutty
    I try to convice my DH that I need a "helper" but......not til we don't travel he say's !!
    In the last year and a half we lost both our dogs. We are tempted to get another one, but we want to travel for a bit first.
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:00 AM

Sweet!
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 AM
    Banned

I just love boxers and was glad to see you didn't crop her ears. I think they are much cuter naturally.
    Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 PM

BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!
    Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 PM

I have a kitty that has to be sitting on my sewing machine table the whole time I am sewing. Always. Very adorable puppy. Looks very cuddly.
    Old 10-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ladypetite

Love your "esteemed K-Mart collection" ..have had a couple of those myself!!!
    I also lost my helper, 3 years ago this past Labor day...her name was Buttons, and she was the only pet I had ever really had...dh had bulldogs, and they were sweet...but my Buttons the cat was mostly mine...she was almost 18 years old when she died...I used to kinda not get it when people were so attached to an animal (I love my mom, but she did not allow us to have pets when I was growing up) Anyways, we got Buttons, and she was just great...I miss her still...so, all of you with "assistants", glad you share your pics with us, and ya'll enjoy them every day!!
    Kif
    Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Lexie is so adorable. She really shines for the camera. :-D