Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My remaining Flip Flop Totes For Sale >
  • My remaining Flip Flop Totes For Sale

• My remaining Flip Flop Totes For Sale

Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 PM

:D I love those fabrics and your applique (is it?) is wonderful. Can you tell us what the fabrics are?

judee
    Old 07-21-2008, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Those are sooo cute!! Yep, its official I do believe we may now crown you the Queen of Totes!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the fall and winter bags!!
    hee heee... I have never been crowned for anything before!!! I just looooove making totes!!!! Once I get these few quilts I'm working on done I'll be back on my totes again.
    Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cordelia
    Wow! Where do you find such beautiful fabric? I love them all!
    Cordelia... I first go to my own stash and then I just go where the sales are either here in town or online. My favourite shop being thousands of bolts.com I did go to the Heart of Dixie website a few weeks ago and picked up four really cute fabrics that would make great flip flops for next year when I start making those next winter.
    Old 07-21-2008, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by judee0624
    :D I love those fabrics and your applique (is it?) is wonderful. Can you tell us what the fabrics are?

judee
    HI Judee

the main bag fabrics are denim or other heavier (not too heavy) kinds of fabrics that I find on the bargin wall at the local Fabricville. As for the flip flop appliques and the lining, those are 110% cottons. I am now on the look out for snowflake fabrics :) I have a little something in mind for Christmas bags and winter bags :) ooh and I have something in mind for sewers and quilters now too :) I have a bag in mind for taking back and forth to classes and retreats that will make a cute conversation piece... I am still working on the drafting of the pattern. :)
    Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 AM

I agree with Lisa - you're the Queen of totes! They look awesome :thumbup:
    Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM

You did a great job on these! Love that they have so many pockets! :thumbup:
    Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 AM

I'm glad you are able to sell them. I made several like your's but did embroidery instead of applique. Other than family, one Bible tote and the 2 for the kennell club auction I haven't been able to sell them. I've never tried online selling. I do however seem to have the online buying market down pat!! Are you selling online, by word of mouth or both. I'm so hung up (gladly) on quilt piecing that I haven't given much thought to selling. But I may have to do something to support my habit.
    Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by okie
    I'm glad you are able to sell them. I made several like your's but did embroidery instead of applique. Other than family, one Bible tote and the 2 for the kennell club auction I haven't been able to sell them. I've never tried online selling. I do however seem to have the online buying market down pat!! Are you selling online, by word of mouth or both. I'm so hung up (gladly) on quilt piecing that I haven't given much thought to selling. But I may have to do something to support my habit.
    Hi Okie!

Sorry I'm only replying now as I was out of town the last little while doing more camping. When the weather gets to 30 degrees celcius you get out and enjoy as much as you can!~!!!!!!!!!! Its another scorcher here today..

Yes I sell my bags by both word of mouth and online. I am trying the eBay thing now and have two bags on my account there. They are closing tomorrow. I hope they move!! :) I think next summer I might try selling my bags wholesale to a couple of small retail shops downtown where the tourists tend to shop. They come off the cruise ships by the hundreds, so hopefully they will sell that way. I hope to have my own embroidery machine by then, and might be able to have something else along with those bags for the 2009 tourist season :)
    Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 PM

hi aggi you should go on that wed site that kinkaajou said ,and sell your stuff on there girl, make some of your beautiful sewing machine cover i know they,ll sell hot cakes i know i,ll buy one , or for the members here im still working on my cover put it aside, working on baby quilt for danielle andrea quilt,she due the 16th of aug ,so i hope i make the dead line wish me luck grandma working hard know time to play or sleep keep on sewing girl