Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • nap mat covers for "school" >
  • nap mat covers for "school"

• nap mat covers for "school"

Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM

And ... I just have to say... I called him into the sewing room and held that glow-in-the-dark quilty thing up for him to see. His eyes let up, his smile went ear to ear, but instead of grabbing it he pushed it aside and ... grabbed ME. Hugged me tight, tight, tight and said, "I love you, Grammy!"

AND ... along with his name monogrammed on every piece somewhere there is a little row of embroidered hearts. Our little secret to remind him that while he's at school we are all thinking about him and loving him best of all. Yes, I so wish that every child was surrounded by that kind of love.
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 AM
    klc

He should have a great experience at pre-school with all the love that surrounds him. Great idea for covering the nap pad. Your grandson is adorable!
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 AM

The things grandmas do...love it. My daughter had a fav pillow that she carried from about age 3....it was my pillow in college (10 years prior). We all called it the "tacky pillow" bc of its condition. The fabric was worn and only about 1/3 of the feathers remained; but it felt good and cold to the touch. Grandma decided enough was enough and gd needed new pillow. Can we say big time fit being thrown by gd. My Mother cut a "good" 6" sq out of old pillow cover and sewed it to the new pillow cover. Took what was left of feathers from old pillow and put them all inside new cover. Pretty pink sersucker with a big patch of the tacky pillow in the middle. Yes, dd still has the pillow 34 years later!
    Old 08-14-2011, 04:19 AM

What a sweet story! Don't you just love little boys!
    Old 08-14-2011, 04:37 AM
    Power Poster

Sew cute
    Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 AM

Wonderful grandson with a wonderful grammy!! He'll be the envy of all the other kids!
    Old 08-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
    The things grandmas do...love it. My daughter had a fav pillow that she carried from about age 3....it was my pillow in college (10 years prior). We all called it the "tacky pillow" bc of its condition. The fabric was worn and only about 1/3 of the feathers remained; but it felt good and cold to the touch. Grandma decided enough was enough and gd needed new pillow. Can we say big time fit being thrown by gd. My Mother cut a "good" 6" sq out of old pillow cover and sewed it to the new pillow cover. Took what was left of feathers from old pillow and put them all inside new cover. Pretty pink sersucker with a big patch of the tacky pillow in the middle. Yes, dd still has the pillow 34 years later!
    this reminded me so much of my son and his favorite stuffed animal, one of those small,floppy , stuffed dogs. His was called BoBo. BoBo started off white , slowly over time became a piecemeal of colored patches( sewed on by hand), until finally there wasn't anymore chance of mending him. I bought another just like BoBo, but that wouldn't do at all, so with son sitting near-by watching, I cut out knit fabric, and hand formed and stitched the new material right onto the stuffed friend until BoBo had a new set of "clothes" . Bo Bo is still around 42 years later after being passed down to my son's children. And yes, there isn't anything this mom and grandma won't do to try to keep my young ones happy. Hearing "I love you Mom, or I love you grandma" is the sweetest joy there is for me.
    Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 AM
    Power Poster

very nice and cute little one
    Old 08-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Yep. He's a boy and that is definitely a boy quilt! Great job, Grammy!
    Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Awww, so cute. Who could resist, especially when he asked so nicely. Now he can switch back and forth as he likes.