Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Need help identifying this material... >
  • Need help identifying this material...

• Need help identifying this material...

Old 10-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Holy cow! Found a site that shows the same stuff. Dish towel yardage, anywhere from 20 - 35 dollars a yard.

Geesh!
    Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Don't know what your fabric is but I think I have it's sister. Got it at an estate sale, as well. Mine is only about a yard. Mine has apples and pears and I want to say grapes, except they are red and yellow. When I saw your picture, I immediately thought my fabric was the same. Got it out and it's different but definitely in the same family.
    Old 10-01-2011, 10:09 AM

What about using it for covers for your toaster, mixer, etc.? That what it reminds me of, years ago, going to someone's house & in their kitchen, they had all their "things", gag-its covered with that type of fabrics.
    Just a thought.
    Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 AM

I was born & raised at 14 mile rd & John R in Madison Heigths, stoped here in Port Huron one day for a rest, and been here ever since. 21 years later. I really like it here by all the water.
    Nice to see others from my area on this board too. I had started a list at one time but don't know what happened to it.
    Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
    Originally Posted by pgthom
    I agree, it's dishtowel fabric. You can purchase it in yardage. Someone really liked it and was going to make a lot of towels!

Grandson going to Detroit Childrens? My granddaughter is a patient there periodically for her throat. She has a paralyzed vocal cord from having a trach. She is a triplet, was a one pound preemie. Now 10 yrs. old!

Good luck to him, hope he sails through the surgery. Hugs to your special boy and his grandma!
    Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions!
    He is a frequent flyer at Children's. He has hydrocephalus (49 revisions thus far) and recently diagnosed with Chairi Malformation and needs decompression surgery (brain surgery). He is a tough little guy to have been through so much in his 6 years. I must admit, the doc's said he wouldn't make it 3 days after he was born. Hmp! He sure showed them! He is a special little boy and I am so happy the big guy upstairs put him in my life!
    Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions! What is making it fail so often? Our girl has had over 30 surgeries, but he's got her beat. Amazing how tough these little ones are. Only thing that keeps them alive sometimes. Will remember you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am a retired RN, worked a lot with "special needs" kids and have a big heart for them. Give him a big hug from Grandma Penny!
    Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Holy cow! Found a site that shows the same stuff. Dish towel yardage, anywhere from 20 - 35 dollars a yard.

Geesh!
    I'm betting it is linen, based on the coarser weave. I have purchased similar yardage at estate sales and antique shops.
    Nice score!
    Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nikknmaxxcrafts
    What about using it for covers for your toaster, mixer, etc.? That what it reminds me of, years ago, going to someone's house & in their kitchen, they had all their "things", gag-its covered with that type of fabrics.
    Just a thought.
    That is a great ideal too!
    Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM

I agree, it's dishtowel fabric. You can purchase it in yardage. Someone really liked it and was going to make a lot of towels!

Grandson going to Detroit Childrens? My granddaughter is a patient there periodically for her throat. She has a paralyzed vocal cord from having a trach. She is a triplet, was a one pound preemie. Now 10 yrs. old!

Good luck to him, hope he sails through the surgery. Hugs to your special boy and his grandma!
    Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions!
    He is a frequent flyer at Children's. He has hydrocephalus (49 revisions thus far) and recently diagnosed with Chairi Malformation and needs decompression surgery (brain surgery). He is a tough little guy to have been through so much in his 6 years. I must admit, the doc's said he wouldn't make it 3 days after he was born. Hmp! He sure showed them! He is a special little boy and I am so happy the big guy upstairs put him in my life!
    Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions! What is making it fail so often? Our girl has had over 30 surgeries, but he's got her beat. Amazing how tough these little ones are. Only thing that keeps them alive sometimes. Will remember you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am a retired RN, worked a lot with "special needs" kids and have a big heart for them. Give him a big hug from Grandma Penny!
    Hi Penny!!!

He was born with an Occipital Encephalocele, a number of failed shunts, MSRA three times (has severe eczema) and a number of shunt infections. He has had two shunts at a time, I could go on and on. It was a year last week since he has had a surgery. The Chairi was recently found. He was doing great in school than all of a sudden he just started regressing with walking with the walker. I noticed he was unsteady at home and well, just not doing as good as he was. He doesn't talk and only says about 6 words. HOWEVER, his sign language has taken off like crazy! It is so better for him (and us) now. He knows about 70-80 words now.

So, it looks like the end of October will be the compression surgery. I asked the Doc to give it a few weeks to make sure it wasn't his ears/glasses, hoping for a miracle?

Anyhoot......he IS my pride and joy!!!
    Old 10-01-2011, 03:12 PM

Oh, I love to hear you say he is signing! So important for him to be able to communicate and so gratifying for you to know what he wants/ needs. Emma learned to sign when she was a tiny infant and still had her trach. Early one morning, her nurse reported they heard daddy leaving for work. Emma signed "Daddy go bye-bye". Her favorite words were: more, please, thank you, good, bye-bye. You can see videos of her on You Tube called Emma's Special Voice, and Emma Talking about her Voice.

What is your boy's name? Are you raising him or helping his parents raise him? Bless you for making his life richer and easier. He is truly a special boy!!
    Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Looks like vintage tea towel fabric