Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8 >
  • new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8

• new post for Bargello progress (batik fall wall hanging) - DONE-bottom of pg 8

Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 PM

Karla, those 3 colors look good to me!
    Old 01-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Karla, those 3 colors look good to me!
    Thanks! I like second opinions. :-D :thumbup: Funny--I went to the ladder holding the strips--pulled a green for the outside or binding to frame...then the gold for the inside to soften and blend...then found the one that blended the two--and didn't audition another color. Guess it was supposed to be these... Well--that was easy! :D
    Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM

AWESOME
    Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM

AWESOME
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 PM

Can't wait to see it. Keep up the great work.
    Old 01-18-2011, 05:55 AM

Oh you have me wanting to run out and buy fabric and start making this quilt!!!! I do need a project that I can stay with tho so maybe that is not such a bad thing..... Bad thing is there is ice on the roads here today so Iwill not be leaving anytime to soon.. :roll: Your quilt is simply georgous...
    Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 AM

I've been reading a lot about these quilts, and see that there's a strip method & one that makes a 'tube' from the fabric after the colors are sewn together. I'm wondering if one works better than the other one. I found a nice, simpler smaller one on the download I got last night. It's more of a 'wave' and uses the fabric tube technique.

Just have to say again the wonderful job you gals did on your quilts. They are just awesome!! I told my hubby I'd like to take a trip to a fabric shop in Lancaster & pick a bunch of fabric for a bargello, maybe all smaller floral prints to make it look like a wildflower garden. He looked at me like I was nuts & said I have too many projects started already. Funny thing is, I only have like 2, and one's almost done.
    Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
    I've been reading a lot about these quilts, and see that there's a strip method & one that makes a 'tube' from the fabric after the colors are sewn together. I'm wondering if one works better than the other one. I found a nice, simpler smaller one on the download I got last night. It's more of a 'wave' and uses the fabric tube technique.

Just have to say again the wonderful job you gals did on your quilts. They are just awesome!! I told my hubby I'd like to take a trip to a fabric shop in Lancaster & pick a bunch of fabric for a bargello, maybe all smaller floral prints to make it look like a wildflower garden. He looked at me like I was nuts & said I have too many projects started already. Funny thing is, I only have like 2, and one's almost done.
    I have a plan for a wildflower garden quilt using the Surf Song design... great minds think alike!!
    Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 AM

WOW....Fantastic job!!!
    Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
    Originally Posted by Happy Treadler

I have a plan for a wildflower garden quilt using the Surf Song design... great minds think alike!!
    I saw a gorgeous quilt in a quilt museum in Lancaster that used the tiny floral prints, and it was just SO beautiful. It reminded me of a meadow of wildflowers, and I never thought I could even think about trying it myself. BUT, since I saw the two quilts here, I think I will! I even found another 'wavy' quilt pattern from an old magazine I had. Reminds me very much of the Surf Song pattern. Just can't stop looking at patterns! I think it's because I want to prove to hubby that I WILL finish it.

Anybody know if there's too many seams in a bargello to hand quilt easily?