Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem! >
  • Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem!

• Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 AM

we quilt for fun and enjoyment,so what if all the points dont match or or cut off.. dont sweat the small stuff. The quilt is beautiful....
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 AM

Leave it alone. It looks like you made a quirky quilt and meant for the triangles to be a bit off.
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
    It's for your daughter, she will love it no matter what. Don't fret over it. It looks great to me!
    I with GrammaNan your daughter will love it with or without what you see as errors she will see just the love from you
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 AM

I think the top will be adorable when finished! And as far as the triangles lining up, I don't think many quilts are ever "perfect." I have noticed that often blocks in quilts featured in quilting books and magazines don't have corners that match perfectly! Once I became used to seeing professional quilts that have blocks that don't line up perfectly, it took a lot of pressure off of me to try to make a "perfect" quilt. Just enjoy the beautiful work that you have done, and the awesome look on your 5-year old's face when you give it to him!
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 AM

Kas,

I am sure there are smart quilters on this board who can give you advice on fixing those triangles/how to avoid triangle problems in the future. But I am not one of them. Personally, I think the Off-Angle-Triangles give the quilt movement, like those little boats need some rough water to sail on. Years from now when you are a famous quilter, people will see this little boat quilt and ask "How did you DO that?" You'll just smile and say, "It was quite difficult. Certainly not for a beginner."

So, just call yourself the Picasso Of The Quilt World and finish off this baby.
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 AM

We are all more critical of ourselves. I was told by a dear friend when my first quilt had a serious wrinkle in it " You aren't planning to enter this in a quilt show, no, then finish it just like it is and learn from it." I did and I still learn from every thing I make. give it to you child, matching triangles won't matter to her. It is so lovely to me and maybe the triangles could be an artist license... :lol:
    Karen
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 AM

Relax, and finish it! :D The idea is done is better than perfection. Besides, unless you tell everyone and point out your 'problem points' as you see them, they are not going to be seen. I think the quilt is cute and needs to be finished and given love instead of criticizm! :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 AM

I have made several of the Buggy Barn quilts. Their method is a trim as you go method, it's not supposed to be all perfect. I know this is hard for us quilters to do, but that's the reason the patterns are so fun. I took a class at the quilt shop for one of these patterns and that's what they told me. I was trying to make them all line up too. Just go with it and then it will be fun.
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 AM

I agree with everyone else -- you should just go with it as is! The "wonky" points give it personality and a sense of playfulness. I personally think you should consider yourself done and let your son enjoy it. He doesn't see anything "wrong" with it; he just loves you for making it for him.

Don't sweat this, truly! It's a lovely, lovely quilt and you should treasure its quirkiness.... :-)
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
    Power Poster

I love it. Sometimes we beat ourselves to much. Just relax and enjoy.