Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts.... >
  • Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

• Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Old 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
    Power Poster

If you are going to take the high road, you may as well take it with all concerned.
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    If you are going to take the high road, you may as well take it with all concerned.
    Yes, It's tricky to take the high road with one foot on the fence. Smilesssssssss.
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:18 PM
    Power Poster

No law against being grumpy about some of the players in private - just warn the kids not to "repeat"
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by amma
    I would go ahead and give the gifts as planned.
    Find a white elephant gift and join in on the fun.
    Maybe hand them the gifts as you are all leaving, and wish them a heartfelt Merry Christmas. Don't let their inconsideration bother you, or your Christmas spirit :wink: :D:D:D
    I ditto this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM

I would smile and say "I think I will just stick with Plan A but you guys enjoy your plan as I know I will absolutely love the smiles I see from my work on Plan A." and with a light heart I would follow through! Now, if they want junk from my garage, I can fix up a Plan B for them all!
    Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM

I would give them what I want them to have and find something to play the white elephant game with (pieces of coal comes to mind) ... But, I wouldn't burden myself with bitterness.
    Christmas is about what you want to give to others, regardless of what they do for or to you.
    You may never make another gift for that part of the family, but this year, you had a plan, you accomplished your set goal and all that is left is the deliver. DELIVER! <wave>
    You have done a great job, by the way :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 AM

Boy does this bring back some memories. Just can't account for some peoples rudeness. I have tried to remember in these cases how happy it made me to make the gift and the love that is sewn inside. Not much else you can do. Merry Christmas
    Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 AM

I'd give them anyway saying these were finished before the change was announced. Get a while elephant from your garage/basement for the fun of it. These gifts were from your heart and will be appreciated. If someone gets tiffed...cross them off the list for next year.
    Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 AM

This topic has really hit a nerve in alot of people. Guess we all know how it feels for our hard work(joy) to go unappreciated. But I can see the majority feels to give them anyway this year...and any time you feel like doing something special it will never be for naught.
    Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne Fauss
    This topic has really hit a nerve in alot of people. Guess we all know how it feels for our hard work(joy) to go unappreciated. But I can see the majority feels to give them anyway this year...and any time you feel like doing something special it will never be for naught.
    From experience (thanks to my husband's gentle teaching) I can testify to how much freedom you gain by doing and giving what you want, when you want, regardless of the response.
    I have learned to accept the fact that some people don't learn from your example, but there are many people anxiously waiting for someone to show them the least amount of kindness.
    I do subscribe to the motto: "Practice Random Acts of Kindness" - - those are the most satisfying ...
    If you are looking to make others happy, just move past the ones who could care less and keep practicing and find those souls who need the confirmation of worth, you will have travelled much further down the path of making the world a better place - - which is about the only reason I see for man to have been created in the first place. <wave>