Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Paperpeiced STARZ >
  • Paperpeiced STARZ

• Paperpeiced STARZ

Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Very nice, I like to see your work. :thumbup: How do you decide what design to do when you are starting to quilt a piece? I have a large quilt almost finished ready to quilt and I have been thinking of what to do with it. I don't just want to do in the ditch stitching, but want it to be special. If you have any wee tips you could give me that would be great. :)
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Very nice!
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM

NICE, NICE AND NICE, TO BOTH OF YOU.
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by SharonD
    Very nice, I like to see your work. :thumbup: How do you decide what design to do when you are starting to quilt a piece? I have a large quilt almost finished ready to quilt and I have been thinking of what to do with it. I don't just want to do in the ditch stitching, but want it to be special. If you have any wee tips you could give me that would be great. :)
    I am not sure ..actually. Sometimes I have to look at a quilt for awhile and study it..and it comes to me.
    Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM
    Cyn

Awesome quilting!
    Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM

wow great quilt and great quilting
    Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 PM

you did a great job quilting. It's beautiful!
    Old 01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by charismah
    HOwever , If it were MY quilt....I would have added some metallic thread in some of those starz..I would have used a poofy batting...and all of the stars that I put in the background ( the big ones that mimic her paper peiced ones..not the little ones) I would have used a varigated thread and made them stand out more....
    Beautiful job. I agree the quilted stars in the background would have looked awesome in a varigated muli color thread. What do you mean by more poofy batting? Like a high loft polyester? What kind of batting is in that quilt? Finally, last question I promise, did you use a ruler to layout the quilted stars or mark them in some way? No way could I make such a straight line without marking and going really slow (I always manage to push my vice grips out of the way when trying to lock the channel) or using a ruler.
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    HOwever , If it were MY quilt....I would have added some metallic thread in some of those starz..I would have used a poofy batting...and all of the stars that I put in the background ( the big ones that mimic her paper peiced ones..not the little ones) I would have used a varigated thread and made them stand out more....
    Beautiful job. I agree the quilted stars in the background would have looked awesome in a varigated muli color thread. What do you mean by more poofy batting? Like a high loft polyester? What kind of batting is in that quilt? Finally, last question I promise, did you use a ruler to layout the quilted stars or mark them in some way? No way could I make such a straight line without marking and going really slow (I always manage to push my vice grips out of the way when trying to lock the channel) or using a ruler.
    HI Feline,
    AS far as the poofy batting I would have probably used a double layer of a high loft polyester or dream puff. This quilt has Warm and Natural. I did not use a ruler but I used golden threads paper..only because the lines were so straight...so they are still loosely straight....I don't like the channel locks..I never use them. BUt I do like to do ruler work on occasion and I Don't know what you mean by vice grips?
    Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
    Power Poster

Don't know what you mean by vice grips?
    This was how my dealer showed me to lock my channels for long stretches of straight line quilting. Put vice grips in front and in back of the wheels on the carriage so you can only go side to side. If you want to just go vertical you move the vice grips so the carriage can't move side to side. I use those spring loaded jobs. I think I just need to get a hang of the lighter hand when using them. Or do like you and don't use them at all! ;)