Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Pass the Block >
  • Pass the Block

• Pass the Block

Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 AM

OK Judy,
    Finally here is your first part of the border.
    remember my camera doesn't take good pictures so here we go. So Hope you like it. I wanted to honor the center theme you did, so I'm using the extra squares and putting them on point in the border. Then following the bird theme I'm interspursing them along the the tricolor border.
    Haven't got what I am going to do in the corners yet, but will have it done in a day or two. Finally.
    R

The blueish green border goes great with the background color in the center block, just doens't show in the pic.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]271669[/ATTACH]

Judy, do you have any of the bird fabric left?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]271670[/ATTACH]

Haven't ironed it out yet.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]271671[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271616.jpe   attachment-271617.jpe   attachment-271618.jpe   attachment-271619.jpe   attachment-271620.jpe  

Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 AM

They are a little blurry, but from what I can see they look beautiful Robert. You do wonderful work!
    I've just returned home from a quilt show and found the fabric I wanted for the adorable smowman quilt. Now I get to work on it!
    Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
    OK Judy,
    remember my camera doesn't take good pictures so here we go. So Hope you like it. I wanted to honor the center theme you did, so I'm using the extra squares and putting them on point in the border. Then following the bird theme I'm interspursing them along the the tricolor border.
    Haven't got what I am going to do in the corners yet, but will have it done in a day or two. Finally.
    R
    They are a little blurry, Robert, but look like they're going to be gorgeous. Unfortunately, I don't have any more of the bird fabric. Sorry! I think I sent along everything that I had. Looks like you're doing a great job on it.
    Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 PM

I will try and take some more with my phone insteadto see if they come out better. Do you remember the collection of the fabric, or where you got it?

Sorry
    R
    Originally Posted by JudyG
    OK Judy,
    R
    They are a little blurry, Robert, but look like they're going to be gorgeous. Unfortunately, I don't have any more of the bird fabric. Sorry! I think I sent along everything that I had. Looks like you're doing a great job on it.
    Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM

That fabric looks like one I used to make my MIL a quilt. I'll check and see if I have any left and send it to you Robert if you would like. ( That is if I have some! )
    Old 10-15-2011, 01:32 PM

That would be awesome, or if you remember where you got it or the name of the collection. I just need enough to make a block with the burgundy birds.
    :YIKES
    R
    Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    That fabric looks like one I used to make my MIL a quilt. I'll check and see if I have any left and send it to you Robert if you would like. ( That is if I have some! )
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:15 PM

That would be awesome, or if you remember where you got it or the name of the collection. I just need enough to make a block with the burgundy birds.
    :YIKES
    R
    Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    I've looked and looked and wouldn't you know it, I have plenty of the same fabric with Black background, some with tan background and only a tiny peice with the blue background. The label on the black peice says: Hoffman California International Fabrics "Wintersong" Style # E8821 Screen Print
    I will send you any that you think might help. Just let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271874.jpe  
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:27 PM

eBay L series here's the link. I also use them on my brother and singer there great and come in great colors.

http://stores.ebay.com/abc-machine-e...=p4634.c0.m322

Hey there Missy,
    Good morning. Where do you order your bobbins from? They are amazing. Thanks for the sample.
    Starting my peacock center today. Might take a couple of days, Its amazing design that fromzstore sent me.
    WOW.
    R
    Originally Posted by Crafty3790
    Can't wait to show her the next picture she has been having fun seeing it telling everyone it's hers. She's 2 1/2 and understands what's going on she's so smart. Told her to show grandpa and I was going to get the iPad to the page she opened it right up and showed him I couldn't believe she found it all by herself.
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:29 PM

If there are any single color ones and you want to go in on some let me know I want some of them but I'm hoping they do more combos I have the 2 they have.
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM

Love the border. I picked up some great fabric for the boy center flag check.