Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics  :-) >
  • PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics :-)

• PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics :-)

Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh, wow. Your area is getting hit again? Just stay safe and try to stay warm. What do you have to do for the macaw to keep him warm? Can't the cold be bad for them?
    Yes the cold could kill him, hubby got a genarator and we try & run the heat every hour or so, I really wraped his cage with extra blankets to keep him warm. I guess the storm comming in tonight is suppose to be the worst, up to 12" and may be without power for days, so if I'm lost in action, ya's all know what happened??

Our pet birds are so spoiled aren't they?!! But did you know that there is a flock of wild parrots, including amazons and macaw's in Chicago that survive there just fine?!! It boggles the mind!!
    Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh, wow. Your area is getting hit again? Just stay safe and try to stay warm. What do you have to do for the macaw to keep him warm? Can't the cold be bad for them?
    Yes the cold could kill him, hubby got a genarator and we try & run the heat every hour or so, I really wraped his cage with extra blankets to keep him warm. I guess the storm comming in tonight is suppose to be the worst, up to 12" and may be without power for days, so if I'm lost in action, ya's all know what happened??

Our pet birds are so spoiled aren't they?!! But did you know that there is a flock of wild parrots, including amazons and macaw's in Chicago that survive there just fine?!! It boggles the mind!!
    Oh, he's spoiled all right, but he won't let us touch him, he's an older bird, ( about 30 ), he was used for breeding and when his mate passed the owner didn't want him anymore, so I purchased him, didn't want to see him just tossed because he couldn't breed anymore, maybe someday he'll let me touch him.
    Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 PM

Off to bed!!! I worked on my center last night, ( well Ducky's ) sure hope it works our, by the time I'm done adding my border it will be around 400 pieces!!!!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 04:47 AM

400 pieces? OMG!
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 AM
    Power Poster

Now I can't wait to see it!!!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 AM

Me either!!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 AM

:shock: :shock: 400 pieces???? ***a couple of feathers just fell out!!!!!*** Wowzers! I can't wait to see it, either!

I put your piece up on the bedroom wall, so it's the first thing I see in the morning, and the last thing I look at before bed. This morning, both DH and I sat staring at it [he loves the way you did the felt flowers]. It's whispering to me, but not yet loud enough to be able to go find fabric.

Buddy'smom, I truly haven't forgotten about posting a picture. I was able to take one picture of it last night before the "battery depleted" message showed on the camera. The colors in the picture weren't even CLOSE to what they are in real life, so I'll buy more batteries and try it again tonight.

Did you get as much snow as expected? I thought of you last night.
    Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 AM

Oh Ms Ducky
    I got a sneak peek of your center last night-I am in awe and wanted to steal it and bring it home :-) I think you will love what mom is adding :-)
    And if you don't I would be more than happy to claim it teehee
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Oh Ms Ducky
    I got a sneak peek of your center last night-I am in awe and wanted to steal it and bring it home :-) I think you will love what mom is adding :-)
    And if you don't I would be more than happy to claim it teehee
    Hugs
    April

***dancing from foot to foot*** I've sooooo loved the first two borders, now I'm really, really am excited to see this one. Terri, I'm telling you, girlfriend, when you get this, you have to PROMISE to send it on to the next person when you're finished..... :shock: :!:
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 AM

It might not make it to Terri....it may have an oops from mom's hand to the mailbox lol
    Hugs
    April