Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Pictures of your sewing room! >
  • Pictures of your sewing room!

• Pictures of your sewing room!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM

well get a load of this - i took my kitchen table out and built my own sewing table in the kitchen, it's a piece of plywood 20" by 8' on which i put that peel and stick tile on the top. it wasn't sturdy enough so i bolted it to the wall. i only have a 2 bedroom house, one for me and one for my grandson who lives with me. i use my dining room table for cutting, and lo and behold, my computer is also in my kitchen.

sewing table i built.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3534[/ATTACH]

another angle
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3535[/ATTACH]

and my computer desk
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43549[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-3534.jpe   attachment-3535.jpe   attachment-43549.jpe  
    Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
    lin

That looks really great dojo! Everything looks so organized. :)

But.................

Where do you cook?

:lol:
    Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 PM

cook? once in awhile! lol
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-53527.jpe  
    Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
    lin

Ok. Whew! I was wondering where you were hiding the appliances! LOL I love the sewing table you built. Ingenious!! :)
    Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Just goes to show - Where there's a will, there's a way. Good for you!!!
    Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by Yvonne
    I'm sure there is a better method or room arrangement or... I just have to find it. Thus my constant rearranging of stuff. Oh, well. It does keep me off of the streets (and out of fabric stores!) :lol:
    Off I go to try out the new arrangement for this week!
    i love your room. i'm BIG Mr. Green :mrgreen: with envy. i'd absolutely have to turn the table around, though, so i could look out the window while i worked. maybe put a bird feeder and a squirrel feeder near the window, too, to attract free entertainment.

i get to stare at my china cabinet when i look up from my machine. booooring. although ... it's my mother's china, so it strengthens the connection to the memories of all those years we spent sewing together. guess it's not the worst arrangement i could have. a silver lining. :)
    Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 AM

my kitchen is only 9 x 18 and it only has 2 windows, one is behind the refrigerator and the other is over the kitchen sink. my whole house is only 1,000 sq. ft. i've lived here since 1965. i either need a bigger house or less "stuff". the bigger house is out for sure and i couldn't part with any "stuff". my husband built a 14' x 24' room onto the house around 1973, it is connected to the kitchen back door as you could see a little in one of the pictures, but he died before he got it finished, so it just sat there undone till 5 years ago i finished it off and turned it into a barber shop, so i sold my barber shop in town and moved it home. therefore i can sew up a storm in the kitchen and hear and see any customers as they come in, that room has its own outside entrance front & back. sure can't live very well on that $807 a month social security, i've been a barber for over 30 years, so i've been so blessed to have a way to make a living, i believe in God helps those who help themselves. my faith in God and my determination is what has gotten me through the last 30 years. hey all this has nothing to do with quilting, does it? I enjoy all of you ladies so much on this site and this site is the greatest by far!
    Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Originally Posted by Yvonne
    I'm sure there is a better method or room arrangement or... I just have to find it. Thus my constant rearranging of stuff. Oh, well. It does keep me off of the streets (and out of fabric stores!) :lol:
    Off I go to try out the new arrangement for this week!
    i love your room. i'm BIG Mr. Green :mrgreen: with envy. i'd absolutely have to turn the table around, though, so i could look out the window while i worked. maybe put a bird feeder and a squirrel feeder near the window, too, to attract free entertainment.

i get to stare at my china cabinet when i look up from my machine. booooring. although ... it's my mother's china, so it strengthens the connection to the memories of all those years we spent sewing together. guess it's not the worst arrangement i could have. a silver lining. :)
    Thanks Patrice. This room arrangement is working out pretty good. As for turning the machine around... there is a second machine on the other side from the one showing. :lol: Ah, yes. It is nice to look out into the pretty foggy/cloudy sky!:lol: It's the yucky side of our house so there's nothing much to look at except perhaps the neighbor's cat walking along the fence. Your mother's china sounds much prettier and certainly more meaningful!
    Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 AM

Okay, I'll be brave. This is my graphic design studio, eBay shop, and new sewing room. I used to sew on the back porch! The room is the formal living room of my house. I'm so not formal! The stash stashes away when I have clients or company.

Shot of sewing area, laptop and stash! Left side of the room... See my new sewing machine?!! I haven't turned it on yet! LOL
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]32512[/ATTACH]

My cutting table which is an ancient drafting table. Also doubles as a place to work on school projects!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43550[/ATTACH]

Graphic design business side of the room! Ooh, see that stash trying to creep over. I'd much rather quilt than work! This is the right side of the room.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43551[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-32512.jpe   attachment-43550.jpe   attachment-43551.jpe  
    Old 10-12-2007, 09:01 AM

My old sewing area, my back porch. I will probably still sew out there. Especially when the weather cools. The view is gorgeous!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-53294.jpe