Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Post Ornament Pictures here when you receive yours >
  • Post Ornament Pictures here when you receive yours

• Post Ornament Pictures here when you receive yours

Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 AM

I have never gotten further with crochet than making a looonnggg string LOL.
    Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 AM

That's funny, lauriejo. But I know what you mean. I'm that way with other things.
    Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 AM

I love to thread crochet and love making the stars, snowflakes and angels, etc. There's a story to it, but then too, isn't there always? One year, years ago when crochet was popular, I just couldn't get into Christmas. I'd done my shopping for presents and all, but just couldn't bring myself to putting up the tree. Finally my youngest daughter brought her little table top tree out of her bedroom, and we used that one.
    Right after Christmas, we were at the library and I saw a beautiful little white thread crochet tree in a Craft & Things Magazine. I coppied it, and had my neighbor show me how to 'crochet in the top of a crochet.' I'd been crocheting in the holes between corchet instead. I quickly bought all of the crochet magazines that I could find any ornaments patterns in before they were taken off the sheves and replaced with new magazines, and got busy crocheting. The next year I had just white corchet ornaments on my tree, and added even more the next year.
    This is my crocheting story. :)
    Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
    I love to thread crochet and love making the stars, snowflakes and angels, etc. There's a story to it, but then too, isn't there always? One year, years ago when crochet was popular, I just couldn't get into Christmas. I'd done my shopping for presents and all, but just couldn't bring myself to putting up the tree. Finally my youngest daughter brought her little table top tree out of her bedroom, and we used that one.
    Right after Christmas, we were at the library and I saw a beautiful little white thread crochet tree in a Craft & Things Magazine. I coppied it, and had my neighbor show me how to 'crochet in the top of a crochet.' I'd been crocheting in the holes between corchet instead. I quickly bought all of the crochet magazines that I could find any ornaments patterns in before they were taken off the sheves and replaced with new magazines, and got busy crocheting. The next year I had just white corchet ornaments on my tree, and added even more the next year.
    This is my crocheting story. :)
    I LOVE your crocheting story!! Yes, we all have a story, and we should share them!
    Old 10-16-2010, 01:39 PM

I received my ornaments in the mail from sistahdebbra and from circlesquare. They are just beautiful. I dont have my camera, my husband has it on the road... if you could please post pics of them and their cards I would really appreciate it...

sorry I cannot till he gets back .....
    Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM

Here is my crochet story, many years ago my mom was making a granny square afghan and tried to teach me to crochet. Being a teenager something always interrupted. Sigh
    Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by CircleSquare
    I received this gorgeous angel from lucyw29! She is about 8" tall!
    What a pretty angel!
    Old 10-16-2010, 04:00 PM
    Power Poster

I got my ornament from sewhappy30 today and a bonus "just because' of 2 more!

Thank you sew much, they are so cute!! Can't wait to put them on my tree.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-102181.jpe  
    Old 10-17-2010, 10:37 AM
    Power Poster

got my ornaments from sherry snare and vicki shaffler. i can't post pics since i have no internet acess at home and must use library. sherry's is the cathederal window in red show a few pages back in satin, thank you and vicki's is a counted cross sticth of a snowman in snow. thank you both for participating in the swap with me and being on time. Lynnie
    Old 10-17-2010, 10:56 AM

It's too bad you can't post a picture, they sound very nice.