Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   1000 Pyramids Quilt and Pillowcase for Grace! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/1000-pyramids-quilt-pillowcase-grace-t259509.html)

ube quilting 01-26-2015 08:16 AM

Let me be the 51 person to add an awesome finish to a great quilt. Pinks and purples are fabulous.
peace

patmas57 01-26-2015 08:49 AM

Lovely quilt. Love the design and colors, and you made a great choice in the quilting pattern, that swirly, rounded design against the straight lines and points of the pyramids.

Bree123 10-02-2015 09:35 PM

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know if these can be made with different sized triangles? I have seen lots of patterns for 5.5" unfinished triangles. I want to make something small enough to hang on a nursery wall & affordable enough that I can sell my finished project.

I don't usually do a lot of piecing, but Mary Fons is coming to teach a class at our guild this weekend on making this quilt/color theory & I'm so excited! But I have a small stash & don't want to spend $100+ just on fabric to make the full sized version. I know in my market it would be difficult to recover my costs & have anything left to cover my time. I'm willing to absorb the cost of the class, but not to quilt it for free. Has anyone made this in a smaller version? (I assume it's just a question of doing the math, but that's why I'm asking. No reason to learn everything the hard way!)

Thanks as always, QB friends!

FiveseveN 10-02-2015 10:00 PM

Amazing work

quilterpurpledog 10-03-2015 02:56 AM

There is nothing like a grandchild to enhance the beauty of a quilt. Your quilt is beautiful also.

nunnyJo 10-03-2015 03:09 AM

nice, love the heart quilting

earthwalker 10-03-2015 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 (Post 7334414)
I know this is an old post, but does anyone know if these can be made with different sized triangles? I have seen lots of patterns for 5.5" unfinished triangles. I want to make something small enough to hang on a nursery wall & affordable enough that I can sell my finished project.

I don't usually do a lot of piecing, but Mary Fons is coming to teach a class at our guild this weekend on making this quilt/color theory & I'm so excited! But I have a small stash & don't want to spend $100+ just on fabric to make the full sized version. I know in my market it would be difficult to recover my costs & have anything left to cover my time. I'm willing to absorb the cost of the class, but not to quilt it for free. Has anyone made this in a smaller version? (I assume it's just a question of doing the math, but that's why I'm asking. No reason to learn everything the hard way!)

Thanks as always, QB friends!

Isn't 1000 pyramids just made with an isosceles triangle (triangle with two sides of equal length)? Just a matter of reducing the size (google is useful for this) and making up your own pattern. It's a very pretty design....must do one sometime.

red-warrior 10-03-2015 07:59 AM

She is adorable and the quilt is beautiful and obviously a huge hit!

Cam's gram 10-03-2015 01:53 PM

I don't know which is cuter - the quilt or the granddaughter - think the granddaughter wins!

QM 10-03-2015 06:31 PM

That is a fine job. It is obviously appreciated by a sweetie.