Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 05:44 AM

isn't that a personal question, Twisted Quilter?? :shock:

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Hey Ditter! Where is your ugly? I know you have one...

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 05:45 AM

ewwwwwwww roda - my first couch looked sorta like that..

Originally Posted by roda

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
I think this shall be my pick of the ugly stuff!!

I think you need mine to go with yours

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 05:47 AM

Carrie - this doesn't make sense... it was truly horrid but you went back to buy some?? LOL I understand having a lapse of judgement, but you had 2 days to think about it and you still wanted it ROFL

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Back in June I found some really horrible fabric at walmart but I didn't have the money at the time. When DH got paid (2days later) I went to get 1/2 yard and it was all gone. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want all of it, it was truly horride fabric.

cjomomma 02-01-2011 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
Carrie - this doesn't make sense... it was truly horrid but you went back to buy some?? LOL I understand having a lapse of judgement, but you had 2 days to think about it and you still wanted it ROFL

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Back in June I found some really horrible fabric at walmart but I didn't have the money at the time. When DH got paid (2days later) I went to get 1/2 yard and it was all gone. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want all of it, it was truly horride fabric.

Actually I wanted it for this challenge, not for me silly. I only needed a quarter of a yard. I couldn't believe somebody bought the whole bolt. What were they thinking.

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 05:52 AM

Debbie - I think yours is cool!

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
My ugly fabric, half a yard. What was I thinking???

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 05:53 AM

I'll buy it! I looooooooooooooooove it!

Originally Posted by Debka
Here is my entry. I have alternated between loving and hating it. My family hates it, and frankly, is afraid of it.
I have finally decided that it is, truly, ugly.

Dagny 02-01-2011 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here's my entry. Look and weep, Norbanaquilts. You might be stuck with this gem this year.

I acquired this when I purchased a scrap bag that had a lovely piece of fabric on top. This one was tucked in way, way at the bottom. It's about 3/8 yd of ugliness.

It's hard to say what I like least about this fabric. Maybe it's the smurf blue? The giant size of the paisley? The putrid pink roses?

I didn't even realize I still had this until I started looking through the closet for my ugly entry. I thought I had thrown this away long ago.

bigsister63 02-01-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Diamondrose
Elvis is green with envy here at all the ugly scraps. He is a bit on the pale side in this photo, he just doesn't take a decent picture anymore.

He said he is willing to leave the building if he is not voted #1 as he expects, something about being the king.

I think that you might win. May be you could make a psychedelic 4 pack posey quilt. Elvis is probably turniong over in his grave with this material.

kriscraft99 02-01-2011 07:23 AM

OH Dagny - that is quite pretty to me - isn't it funny how we have our own tastes?

Originally Posted by Dagny
Ok, here's my entry. Look and weep, Norbanaquilts. You might be stuck with this gem this year.

I acquired this when I purchased a scrap bag that had a lovely piece of fabric on top. This one was tucked in way, way at the bottom. It's about 3/8 yd of ugliness.

It's hard to say what I like least about this fabric. Maybe it's the smurf blue? The giant size of the paisley? The putrid pink roses?

I didn't even realize I still had this until I started looking through the closet for my ugly entry. I thought I had thrown this away long ago.

bigsister63 02-01-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
Here is my entry. I have alternated between loving and hating it. My family hates it, and frankly, is afraid of it.
I have finally decided that it is, truly, ugly.

You are rught it is ugle! I thought that mine was ugly but I may not enter it now.