Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

Twisted Quilter 02-02-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by roda

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Can we send the whole amount of fabric we have to the winner or just the fat quarter?

I believe in the old saying give till it hurts so giving it all

Too funny!

kateyb 02-03-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Yep Dagny this is ugly paisley. I haven't found a paisley I like yet.

Ditto

kateyb 02-03-2011 06:23 AM

About 8 years ago our guild had Blanche Young (an international teacher) as a speaker. Her lecture was: "I Love Ugly Fabric". If you looked closely at the individual pieces they were ugly, however, she made some gorgeous quilts with them.
I'm not sure I could manage to do so well.

debbieoh 02-03-2011 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All I can say if what was I thinking. And to be honest I had 2 more I could add LOL!!!

This picture makes it look ok but believe me in person..... ICK
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127501[/ATTACH]

debbieoh 02-03-2011 07:07 AM

Oh my would I love the lime green elvis. My DIL loves the color and hates Elvis. She never appreciates things I make her LOL!!! making something out of this would show her LOL!!

cjomomma 02-03-2011 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by debbieoh
All I can say if what was I thinking. And to be honest I had 2 more I could add LOL!!!

I like it, not sure I would buy it but I do like it. Wait a minute I would buy it. LOL!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-03-2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by debbieoh

Hay ..... Might go well with Elvis :) ;-)

Melody911 02-03-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!

Linda B you are a genius the way you matched that fabric. Very cool, I can see why your fellow shopper was gaga over them. Hope you sold her one...lol.

e4 02-03-2011 08:01 AM

Quilting arts did a whole segment using the "voodoo ladies" fabric. They colorwashed panels of the fabric and made an "Andy Warhol" Marilyn Monroe sort of wall hanging with it. It actually turned out quite nice, but not my particular taste.

Melody911 02-03-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
Here is my entry. I have alternated between loving and hating it. My family hates it, and frankly, is afraid of it.
I have finally decided that it is, truly, ugly.

I'm with your family...you have to ask yourself what was the person that designed this smoking?