Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

moonrise 02-04-2011 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my entry.

I call it "Orangutans and Monkeys That Committed Suicide By Leaping From Tall Trees and Splatting In The Snow".

I didn't buy this fabric ... I inherited it along with a bunch of other sewing-related stuff when my Granny passed away last year. Most of the stuff is wonderful, but there are a few pieces of fabric that are ... "interesting" ... to put it nicely. :lol: Apparently my Granny's favorite colors were brown and orange together, because she used those colors in almost everything! :P ;) I have no idea how old the fabric is.

(By the way, I also have this same fabric in purple and pink, but decided the brown and orange was the most hideous! :lol: )

"Orangutans and Monkeys That Committed Suicide By Leaping From Tall Trees and Splatting In The Snow"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123015[/ATTACH]

Twisted Quilter 02-04-2011 06:58 PM

Great choice Moonrise. I'm sure your gramma is laughing right along with us. :thumbup:

Wow...I think we have coordinating fabric, Amazon & Moonrise.

I must be getting tired. The more I look at the O & M Suicide, I think I like it. :shock:

amazon 02-04-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Great choice Moonrise. I'm sure your gramma is laughing right along with us. :thumbup:

Wow...I think we have coordinating fabric, Amazon & Moonrise.

I must be getting tired. The more I look at the O & M Suicide, I think I like it. :shock:

That's my excuse too. :lol: I do like it and it does coordinate with my beauty!

moonrise 02-04-2011 07:24 PM

Y'all are not supposed to like it! LOL! :lol: ;)

Amazon and I should get together and make a quilt! :mrgreen:

cjomomma 02-04-2011 07:54 PM

They are getting uglier and uglier! LOL!!

kristen0112 02-04-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Here is my entry. As soon as I clicked the shutter the batteries in the camera died; I thought it broke the camera!

I think you have the winner!

kristen0112 02-04-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Here's my entry.

I call it "Orangutans and Monkeys That Committed Suicide By Leaping From Tall Trees and Splatting In The Snow".

I didn't buy this fabric ... I inherited it along with a bunch of other sewing-related stuff when my Granny passed away last year. Most of the stuff is wonderful, but there are a few pieces of fabric that are ... "interesting" ... to put it nicely. :lol: Apparently my Granny's favorite colors were brown and orange together, because she used those colors in almost everything! :P ;) I have no idea how old the fabric is.
I love your fabric lol
(By the way, I also have this same fabric in purple and pink, but decided the brown and orange was the most hideous! :lol: )

amazon 02-04-2011 11:39 PM

Twistedquilter, will there be a page of just pictures ? :D

Teacup 02-05-2011 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
They are getting uglier and uglier! LOL!!

I agree! There's some truly ugly fabric here! I've got some things I don't like, but nothing bad enough to compete with these!

dkabasketlady 02-05-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dagny
Ok, here's my entry. Look and weep, Norbanaquilts. You might be stuck with this gem this year.

I acquired this when I purchased a scrap bag that had a lovely piece of fabric on top. This one was tucked in way, way at the bottom. It's about 3/8 yd of ugliness.

It's hard to say what I like least about this fabric. Maybe it's the smurf blue? The giant size of the paisley? The putrid pink roses?

I didn't even realize I still had this until I started looking through the closet for my ugly entry. I thought I had thrown this away long ago.

I've always LOVED paisley fabric, but this one is truly UGLY(SORRY!!) , I think we might have a winner with this one!