Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

clsurz 02-10-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by cctx.
Photos of my ugly fabric entry:

Like this kind of fabric. I can do a lot of things with it.

clsurz 02-10-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Here's my entry.

I call it "Orangutans and Monkeys That Committed Suicide By Leaping From Tall Trees and Splatting In The Snow".

:P ;) I have no idea how old the fabric is.

You can send it to me. I like it.

cjomomma 02-10-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by clsurz
Here is my contribution to UGLY fabric.

Carol

Is that a Batik? It's not too bad.

clsurz 02-10-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
OK, so I didn't intentionally buy this but it was a donation, and you can probably guess why. I can't imagine what the person was thinking -- curtains, chaircovers, dogbeds??? Anyway, it's definitely vintage 50's trying to look cool with that splash of color (light blue) to be oh-so-designer chic. Long live the 50's.

Now this is really ugly IMHO.

clsurz 02-10-2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
Here is my entry for ugly fabric. I thought this was really ugly until I saw some others. Hope I do not win so I can get rid of the fabric!!!!!!

I like it.

Twisted Quilter 02-10-2011 01:46 PM

Not bad Carol (clsurz). This is another I would buy on clearance.

I wouldn't mind winning this challenge, there are a few pieces I really like. Last year the majority were awful, awful!!

clsurz 02-10-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Ok. I didn't think I had anything. But all the way at the bottom of the current grab stash was this still unopened remenant! I asked my Daughter "what do you think?" and she just said "Eww, why do you have that?" I guess that means it qualifies LOL :lol:
I bought this because
A. It was on clearance
B. it was Green
C. if you squint you can see a man in the trees, no squint, really really squint. You can see him I swear!

The camera was flattering, it really is a peasoup green.

If I say I saw the man in the trees does that mean I get the fabric? LOL

Twisted Quilter 02-10-2011 01:50 PM

Be careful what you ask for...she might have extra. :shock:

CloverPatch 02-10-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by clsurz

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Ok. I didn't think I had anything. But all the way at the bottom of the current grab stash was this still unopened remenant! I asked my Daughter "what do you think?" and she just said "Eww, why do you have that?" I guess that means it qualifies LOL :lol:
I bought this because
A. It was on clearance
B. it was Green
C. if you squint you can see a man in the trees, no squint, really really squint. You can see him I swear!

The camera was flattering, it really is a peasoup green.

If I say I saw the man in the trees does that mean I get the fabric? LOL

Hmmm, I really like your fabric maybe we should trade! LOL Is that a batik? Its pretty :thumbup:

lauriejo 02-10-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
Here is my entry for ugly fabric. I thought this was really ugly until I saw some others. Hope I do not win so I can get rid of the fabric!!!!!!

I really like the colors, except the odd black circles. Maybe if it was cut up into very small pieces.