Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2013-2014 Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2013-2014-round-robin-t224012.html)

Judith1005 07-03-2013 05:05 AM

Ladies, very nice centers. The journey has begun. It will be exciting to see them grow. Have fun. :)

cowgirlquilter 07-03-2013 05:26 AM

These are all so beautiful!! Can't wait to see the progress you all make! Very inspiring!

frenchfryqueen 07-03-2013 05:33 AM

I'm subscribing to this thread to see how this unfolds.. the centers are BEAUTIFUL and I can only imagine the rest of the work will be too!

Elisabrat 07-03-2013 06:17 PM

thank you for your vote of confidence all those who are just watching. Its heartwarming to see a following of our little venture. I loved reading all about the last one in the picture section here amazing the transformations that became of little centers!

I am working on my first center tomorrow for Dragonfly. I am going to go blue and green for the next round in batiks and with luck it might even work. the grey outer edge is also dark blue so it blends well together. (I hope!)

Dragonfly Nana 07-03-2013 06:48 PM

Ooooh - I like the way you think. Can't wait to see what you create. :thumbup:

Elisabrat 07-08-2013 07:32 PM

Dragonfly I received your priority envelope today. Now I have two! I am half way done with yours. I fixed the little side issue and have the length put in.. now to come up with something a tad more exciting on the bottom and top. I lost it when I couldnt mathematically do 1/8th inch solutions. then it all went emotionally down for me so I am sorry its not running out the door. I have two borders I made to go on.. a saw tooth and a braid neither worked and by the time I realized why they didnt fit right it was too late. I had cut them to heck .. so new day new idea. now its all the correct size. phew! bet it will look good though lol..

Dragonfly Nana 07-08-2013 07:53 PM

Brat - I am sure whatever you come up with will be stunning. I must admit I am a little stuck on Kelly's. Measurements are weird at 29 1/2 inches square.

Kelly - would you be opposed to a fabric that is white with a tiny red leaf on it?

jaba 07-08-2013 08:11 PM

Dragonfly Nana, I was too, so just put the border on it thinking the next person could "chop" a little if they needed to for the design they wanted to do. I wasn't able to divide by 3 so just added my "quota" to it. Sorry if that messed you up, thought I was doing a favor on Kelly's. So much easier if it is divisible by 3's. As far as I am concerned, feel free to cut some of my border off. Think I measured mine to go by increments of three's for that reason, or I hope so. Kelly , just wondering if you have Melinda's yet?

Nexxus831 07-08-2013 08:47 PM

Jan, No I haven't mailed yet but Kelly is ok with that she knows with the death of my uncle things have been insane for me. I will get it out in the next day or two. Hopefully the healing will begin.

jaba 07-09-2013 04:47 AM

I was just curious Melinda, trying to pre-plan a little. Hadn't heard about your uncle, so sorry for the loss of your family member. Healing will begin, it just takes time.