Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another 1930's quilt finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-1930s-quilt-finished-t201731.html)

brendapm 10-01-2012 06:12 AM

Absolutely beautiful quilt. You both did gorgeous work.

MamaBear61 10-01-2012 06:14 AM

Wow, it is beautiful.

ckhowe 10-01-2012 07:49 AM

Quilters Newsletter pattern

THanks to all who gave information on this quilt pattern. I checked the 2004 Quilters Newsletter index of articles online and it shows that this quilt was a series of articles, issues #361 - #366.
I was able to find all six issues on ebay, from a variety of sellers, so eventually will be able to have the entire article. Not the most economical way to get a pattern, but this quilt is so special, it's worth every penny!!! I can't wait for the magazines to arrive! Thanks again!

Candela59 10-01-2012 08:08 AM

That's just gorgeous! :)

labug 10-01-2012 08:13 AM

Beautiful Quilt!

Nancygeddes 10-01-2012 10:57 AM

The talent that went into this whole quilt is unbelievable. Fabulous!

bdiver403 10-01-2012 12:12 PM

30's Quilt Pattern

Originally Posted by humbird (Post 5547381)
You and your customer both did a beautiful job on that lovely quilt. I have that pattern, and have it nearly pieced, but have put it aside to do some other "must do" things. This might inspire me to dig it out and finish it up. Thanks for sharing.

Hi,
I am a new learning quilter, and would desperately love to acquire this pattern. Would you know where I could find it?

Thank you most kindly!

bdiver

MarthaT 10-01-2012 02:40 PM

Okay, all of you who were asking about the pattern for this quilt, if you will look back on some of the previous posts on this thread, you will find that our own personal "quilt detectives" have found and posted info on the pattern.

sailsablazin 10-01-2012 05:07 PM

I was ble to find all but one of the issues for this pattern. IF anyone is willing to sell their copy of Quilters Newsletter September 2004 with the Part 5 of the pattern, I would be willing to buy it from them.

Thank you so much.

frannella 10-01-2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ckhowe (Post 5554178)
THanks to all who gave information on this quilt pattern. I checked the 2004 Quilters Newsletter index of articles online and it shows that this quilt was a series of articles, issues #361 - #366.
I was able to find all six issues on ebay, from a variety of sellers, so eventually will be able to have the entire article. Not the most economical way to get a pattern, but this quilt is so special, it's worth every penny!!! I can't wait for the magazines to arrive! Thanks again!

CK--couldn't agree more. I managed to buy the 6 issues in individual transactions on Amazon--minimum postage per magazine costs more than the magazine ;->). Also sent emails to Gene Schamber and his daughter Cristy--will post back if they respond with any useful suggestions. Customer Service at Quilter's Newsletter magazine says they don't do reprints (electronic or hard copy) and have no back issues. In other words, it's a treasure hunt! Good luck.