Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Attic Windows, a Very Catholic Quilt by Trupeach1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/attic-windows-very-catholic-quilt-trupeach1-t72073.html)

quiltinghere 10-24-2010 05:15 PM

Very special and beautiful!

MaryAnna 10-24-2010 05:16 PM

Just gorgeous and where did you find the fabric! I just love it! I'd like to make a few quilts with it myself!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

Jingle 10-24-2010 05:19 PM

Peach, that is beautiful, please try to show a picture when you get it quilted.

cbridges22 10-24-2010 05:21 PM

That is so special,I love attic window.

MissyGirl 10-24-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Love the quilt. Where did you get the fabric with those pictures? I would love to make some for our group at church to make and sell.

Since I bought it about 8 months ago I have searched high and low for it. It is not to be found anyplace. I have a little over a yard left that I hope to use in a quilt if I ever have a grandchild. I love the fabric and wish I could find more. It seems religious fabric is hard to come by. I would have thought with people making pray quilts it wouldn't be that hard I was wrong.

My WIP is a St Francis quilt for my son who attends Franciscan University.........so stay tuned.

What is a Pray Quilt Tru?

Missy

trupeach1 10-24-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy

A prayer quilt is a quilt made for someone special in mind. As you work on the quilt you think about the person you are making it for and pray for them at the same time. Now I have heard and if I was to make one I would do it this way, I heard it should be 3 different fabrics or colors. The 3 representing the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But also if I was making it I would use Jacobs Ladder pattern it uses only 3 colors. I feel if I am making a prayer quilt I am making it 100% religious. And the pray I would say would be of the Wounds of Christ. The words are...... Let me kiss the wounds in Your hands dear Lord with sorrow great and true and let every movement of my hands be an act of love for You.

I hope this doesn't get deleted.

Leota 10-24-2010 05:37 PM

very pretty Trupeach....

Born2Sew 10-24-2010 05:39 PM

Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. It is a very nice quilt, one to be treasured. Know you will enjoy quilting it also.

MissyGirl 10-24-2010 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Love the quilt. Where did you get the fabric with those pictures? I would love to make some for our group at church to make and sell.

Since I bought it about 8 months ago I have searched high and low for it. It is not to be found anyplace. I have a little over a yard left that I hope to use in a quilt if I ever have a grandchild. I love the fabric and wish I could find more. It seems religious fabric is hard to come by. I would have thought with people making pray quilts it wouldn't be that hard I was wrong.

My WIP is a St Francis quilt for my son who attends Franciscan University.........so stay tuned.

Missy

A prayer quilt is a quilt made for someone special in mind. As you work on the quilt you think about the person you are making it for and pray for them at the same time. Now I have heard and if I was to make one I would do it this way, I heard it should be 3 different fabrics or colors. The 3 representing the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But also if I was making it I would use Jacobs Ladder pattern it uses only 3 colors. I feel if I am making a prayer quilt I am making it 100% religious.

Oh ok gotcha. I like the idea and I will have to think about what fabrics I have and what I can do. I wonder when people started making these.

Missy

Jodie02b 10-24-2010 09:01 PM

I love the fabric, that would make a nice baptisimal blanket