Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   bookmarks for students (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bookmarks-students-t14553.html)

Izy 12-22-2008 09:51 AM

Karla, you really are the best, I don't recall EVER hearing about a teacher buying the kids a xmas present let alone making them all something personally, well done you!!

On the headlice....my eldest son was scratching one xmas morning ...I had a look and announced 'Oh!! Andrew you have an unexpected present'!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep he had the crawlies!!!!!! Thank God I had some lotion in!! :roll: :lol:

Belinda 12-22-2008 08:16 PM

Those are so nice!!!!

tlrnhi 12-22-2008 11:28 PM

No, sorry, no Strawberry Shortcake, but I can look around here if you want and let you know. I'll check the board again in the morning, so just send me a PM

Barb M 12-23-2008 12:26 AM

Oh Karla, your gifts for the children are sooo nice! And wow, had no idea you did them assembly line fashion, i would have been making each bookmark one at a time lol and oh god, on the headlice, yep, one year me and both my daughters got it. We had gone to a hairdresser, and all got our hair done, and as we were leaving, i realized she hadnt been soaking her combs in sani-solution! One week later, yup, you guessed it! Not fun! LOL

barnbum 12-23-2008 02:30 AM

Izy--I only had to buy a few of the books--I use points earned from Scholastic book orders. :wink: Because students didn't order as many books as usual, I bought a few this year.

Barb M--each bookmark was made for each individual student--I kept a check list of each child's interest and what was done--and I make three tops/backs at a time. But, when all the planning was done--I had one baseball/dog bookmark too many--and needed a nature one, so made adjustments. The books are very carefully planned. My kids have to turn in a book report once a month, so I want to give them a title they'll want to read for those.
The gifts get handed out today!!!! :D

beachlady 12-23-2008 04:32 AM

Still think you need to be nominated for teacher of the century!!! I may even take 5th grade over again. Hope all your parents appreciate you!!

barnbum 12-23-2008 03:06 PM

They liked them. :wink: They loved the books, too. It was a good day! :D

The poor boy with lice was checked and sent home. :shock: He missed the Christmas party--but we have his gifts for him. We were all checked again. Everyone is fine. Sigh....

I gave bookmarks to the three secretaries, and a short Morning Glory table runner to a mom who has done a lot for the students--everyone was so pleased.

I am now home for 12 w-h-o-l-e days.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

sewjoyce 12-23-2008 03:15 PM

12 whole days -- what the heck are you gonna do with yourself????????

On behalf of all the secretaries/administrative assistants in the world who work our fingers to the bone with paltry pay -- bless you for thinking of them at Christmas!!! :wink:

tarib 12-23-2008 05:03 PM

Karla

Great idea for the kids, hopefully it makes them want to read more.

Merry Christmas

Mplsgirl 12-24-2008 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
12 whole days -- what the heck are you gonna do with yourself????????

On behalf of all the secretaries/administrative assistants in the world who work our fingers to the bone with paltry pay -- bless you for thinking of them at Christmas!!! :wink:

Amen to that! And Happy Holidays to everyone!