Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bunny Hill BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bunny-hill-bom-t19446.html)

Mamagus 06-07-2009 02:59 AM

I was slightly underwhelmed by June's block. More flowers and a bird.

Thinking I might do some tulips for a May basket and bump May's basket into June's spot. Not rushing to do anything right now... gotta stew this one over in my mind!

JANW 06-07-2009 07:29 AM

I've downloaded all the patterns so far, but have not started. I'm thinking of doing a crayon coloring quilt with the patterns since they include redwork too.
THE BEST PART IS THEY'RE FREE

Yvonne 06-07-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus

Thinking I might do some tulips for a May basket and bump May's basket into June's spot. Not rushing to do anything right now... gotta stew this one over in my mind!

I have to agree with you about the June basket. I was betting on a seashore scene or something.
That little bird gave me fits the last time he was present. I guess she decided we needed more practice with the bird! Ha! Perhaps a little starfish or something?

Mamagus 06-07-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Yvonne

Originally Posted by Mamagus

I have to agree with you about the June basket. I was betting on a seashore scene or something.
That little bird gave me fits the last time he was present. I guess she decided we needed more practice with the bird! Ha! Perhaps a little starfish or something?

Yeah! Now that's a plan!! Starfish I like! Or a nest sticking out of the basket with some tiny blue eggs in it?

I am going to think about this some more! I'd hate to get all worked up about a seashore theme and then have August block have the same theme.

Leslee 06-07-2009 10:37 AM

Yvonne, you know how much I love applique. But there are 15 flower petals on that little block and I'm thinking that darned bird looks easy-peasy in comparison!!! We'll see!

Skeat, I think you're on to something with the sunflower idea. Egads! More petals!

Wanda_GA 06-07-2009 10:42 AM

Those are awesome ChattyKathe, I've been collecting them each month too, but haven't started them yet. I think they are such a nice pattern.
Wanda_GA

pennyswings 06-07-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by chattykathe
I am new to here and have been quilting for awhile but this is my first needle turn applique project. It is a Bunny Hill free BOM.

ChattyKathy:
Welcome to the forum. You will love it here.
The blocks really came out awesome!

canmitch1971 06-07-2009 11:52 AM

Very cute!!

quiltnut4ever 06-07-2009 01:04 PM

Welcome to the site and my those are beautiful! Great job!

quiltnana 06-08-2009 08:55 PM

Mamagus ChattyKathe didn't like the june block either its the same as the others and she was hoping for something different too. I thought it would be a picnic basket....hummm now thats a idea.