Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Which bunny? Opinions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bunny-opinions-please-t194118.html)

cindy4857 07-09-2012 08:33 PM

Ok I can see the regular bunny colors as being good or the home spuns, but I defiantly see those brights in the lower left colors as butterfly's and flowers in the grass or even kites in the sky but I think the brights would really make the whole thing pop some extra action. So I vote for reg. bunnies and some added attractions. I love the quilt you made as the back ground it's going to be perfect to do an appl. scene on.

Kitsapquilter 07-10-2012 12:16 AM

I sure would like to see those bunnies done in those nice little plaids and checks!! But whatever you choose will look great and the Mom will love it!! So will the baby!

juneeloonee 07-10-2012 02:38 AM

I like the natural bunny colors myself. Will be an adorable quilt whichever way you go!

laurafet 07-10-2012 04:41 AM

Don't care much for the homespuns with your beautiful background. I do like the contrast of the bunny colors. I have always been told to make the baby quilts to last longer than infancy, so the bunnies in "cutesy" colors don't always go over well. You have made it bright, so use the bunny colors, and I like EvelynJ's idea of butterflies and maybe a few flowers to add more brights.

bearisgray 07-10-2012 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by laurafet (Post 5352932)
Don't care much for the homespuns with your beautiful background. I do like the contrast of the bunny colors. I have always been told to make the baby quilts to last longer than infancy, so the bunnies in "cutesy" colors don't always go over well. You have made it bright, so use the bunny colors, and I like EvelynJ's idea of butterflies and maybe a few flowers to add more brights.

Me,too.

The background is 'bright' - and the darker colors in the top left contrast nicely with it.

pollyjvan9 07-10-2012 05:10 AM

I like the bright prints, but maybe the homespun is more boyish. I would go with even brighter colors, or add some really, really bright colored flowers, bugs, butterflies, etc. Really great background quilt.

debquilts2 07-10-2012 05:14 AM

like the dark colours so the bunnies will stand out on the beautiful quilt

Swan Song 07-10-2012 06:07 AM

I like the homespuns. I think they will look great on the base quilt. The "bunny" colors I think will be too in your face and pull your eye from the rest of the quilt. If that makes any sense.

feline fanatic 07-10-2012 07:29 AM

To me it is all about contrast. I liked the natural bunny batiks you have pictured in the upper left corner, for flowers and butterflies your repros. The homespuns don't offer enough contrast IMHO and look a bit washed out next to the bright flannel. If this were mine, I would ditch the repros as well and go for bright jeweltones for the flowers and butterflies. but that is just me.

AZ Cottontail Quilter 07-10-2012 07:37 AM

DogHouseMom your "base quilt" is fabulous!!! Please share your finished bunny quilt.