Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can anyone identify this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/can-anyone-identify-t131003.html)

mizunogirl 06-23-2011 04:23 PM

Ahhh I have PT tomorrow, I will get someone to find something out about bed size and also if there is a hated color.

JCquilts 06-24-2011 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sample with different backgrounds. Personally, they take away from the wheels. The black allows the wheels and diamonds to float on the quilt and draws your eye to those components, which is what you want in this case. Of course, it is all up to you.

I love the bicycles. It would be the perfect back to this quilt.

Yes you can piece this easily. I will help you. Not paper pieced, just straight piecing. One step at a time...

LivelyLady 06-24-2011 03:02 AM

Nice pattern. The spokes of the wheel look like reverse applique to me, but of course they could be done in other ways too. Good luck in your search.

mizunogirl 06-24-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
Nice pattern. The spokes of the wheel look like reverse applique to me, but of course they could be done in other ways too. Good luck in your search.

JCquilts was nice enough to make the pattern and offer to help me along with it.

I love the pattern. I'm still just in debate on the color. Maybe a really dark navy and a Bright something. I think I will end up with Red.... I just love to think about it sort of savor the moment before all the cutting and such.

reach for the stars 2 06-24-2011 07:26 AM

Welcome, don't know the name but looks like flying geese and wagon wheels.

JCquilts 06-24-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by mizunogirl

Originally Posted by LivelyLady

JCquilts was nice enough to make the pattern and offer to help me along with it.

I love the pattern. I'm still just in debate on the color. Maybe a really dark navy and a Bright something. I think I will end up with Red.... I just love to think about it sort of savor the moment before all the cutting and such.

I think a Navy Blue would look great. Let me know if you want to see it..

RkayD 06-24-2011 07:32 AM

Very neat but I agree that it looks like a variation of an old wagon wheel. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out at all.

I have a friend thats a cyclist and I'm making him a quilt. I went to google image search and found a bicycle image in clip art. I'm making it big and just appliqueing it on in the corner. I thought it would be simple and bold at the same time.

mizunogirl 06-24-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
Very neat but I agree that it looks like a variation of an old wagon wheel. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out at all.

I have a friend thats a cyclist and I'm making him a quilt. I went to google image search and found a bicycle image in clip art. I'm making it big and just appliqueing it on in the corner. I thought it would be simple and bold at the same time.

Ryka, I bet it will look great! I considered that, but...as it is also doubling as a wedding gift, for him and his wife to be, I wanted something that would say Bicycle, but not be a bicycle - if you know what I mean.
For me, as a Novice, this quilt will be the biggest challenge I have ever had!!!

seasaw2mch 06-24-2011 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked in the BlockBase program that I have and they call this the Wheel of Fortune block.

Here's what it shows, looks very simular
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216024[/ATTACH]

mizunogirl 06-24-2011 07:48 AM

Going to PT today and will try to wheedle out of someone some color options.