Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can I have some opinions please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/can-i-have-some-opinions-please-t18364.html)

gcathie 03-31-2009 10:34 PM

Hey don't ask me that is why I chose the rainbow.....:-)....it was to hard ..I finally just picked one....eny meany miney moe......:-)......I'm sure what ever you pick will be awesome for sure....good luck!!.....:-)

BlueChicken 03-31-2009 10:36 PM

:-)

I really want to continue with this tonight, but am sooooo undecided! LOL

Well, actually, I have decided. I'm going with the white squares, and then I'm going to lay it out with a yellow border, then with yellow and green borders, and decide then.

I have a wee "pile" on my desk of the spotty fabric, the yellow and green I've picked, and I think I may just have to do something seprate with them, the colours are so cool.

I think my original plan of white was right, but that a colour will jazz it up somewhat.

The other combinations would work really well... maybe for another quilt! ;-)

gcathie 03-31-2009 10:43 PM

Aw sounds like a pretty good plan....that is always one of the hard parts and then you end up with the first one....funny huh.....Well good luck and sleep on it ....you may change your mind come morning.....:-).....I do that and sometimes something better comes to me in the night.....:-)

k3n 03-31-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
:-)

I really want to continue with this tonight, but am sooooo undecided! LOL

Well, actually, I have decided. I'm going with the white squares, and then I'm going to lay it out with a yellow border, then with yellow and green borders, and decide then.

I have a wee "pile" on my desk of the spotty fabric, the yellow and green I've picked, and I think I may just have to do something seprate with them, the colours are so cool.

I think my original plan of white was right, but that a colour will jazz it up somewhat.

The other combinations would work really well... maybe for another quilt! ;-)

I was about to say - make more than one! You beat me to it!

K x

BlueChicken 03-31-2009 11:58 PM

LOL

I really love these fabrics... they're so bright and summery. And we're about to head into winter, so summery is just what I need! :-)

BlueChicken 03-31-2009 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this....

White squares with a small yellow border and yellow corners.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30420[/ATTACH]

k3n 04-01-2009 12:01 AM

It really blows my mind - the time differences and even season differences beween the ppl on this board! Of course, you always KNOW the world is like that, but when you speak to people on here, it makes it more real somehow! You're heading intro winter and I'm busy sowing my spring veggies, admiring the daffodils, looking forward to warmer days and not having to keep the dirty old woodburner going anymore! :D

K x

k3n 04-01-2009 12:03 AM

Yes, I like that - inner border yellow and binding green? Or is the binding yellow as well? I thought the third colours used in the blocks detracted from the different star blocks, which should be the 'stars' of the quilt! :lol: Using the inner border highlights them rather than overshadowing them.

K x

BlueChicken 04-01-2009 12:10 AM

Yep, that's a really good point. The blue and white stars are the focus, they're so awesome.

I have got a green binding on that pic, but that's not set in concrete. I did have two small inner borders (one yellow and one green) but that was too much.

And I know what you mean about the seasons thing, it seems weird that I'm off to work when you guys are all going to bed! LOL

And sadly daylight savings ends this weekend for us. *sob, sob*

k3n 04-01-2009 12:13 AM

It just started for us - daylight saving!

For the binding - if it was me I'd use the same colour as the inner border. Keep it simple, kind of an 'accent colour'.

K x