Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can I have some opinions please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/can-i-have-some-opinions-please-t18364.html)

BlueChicken 04-01-2009 12:16 AM

That makes sense. :-)

I'm not looking forward to the end of daylight savings... I hate winter. Although, I guess I won't be feeling guilty staying inside sewing all day if it's pouring with rain and freezing cold! LOL

We're at sea level here, so don't get snow.

k3n 04-01-2009 12:29 AM

Yup that's my winter consolation - sit indoors and sew! I want to sew today but really must go do some work in the garden!

K x

key4unc 04-01-2009 02:03 AM

You could always make all 4 versions :D

mimee4 04-01-2009 05:37 AM

Love each one. Which one "feels" like your quilt? Which one is comfortable? No matter which one you pick, you will quickly forget the others.

sunflower 04-01-2009 06:20 AM

I like the red. I think it makes the blues seem brighter.

omak 04-01-2009 06:44 AM

The red looks good. I think the reason you may uncomfortable with the white is because of that "light fabric jumps out at you" phenomenon. By using color in the edge squares, you are actually popping the sampler squares forward.
I prefer the red (but that is because I am old! LOL feeling a little danger, I guess). Having watched a ton of decorating shows, the green is something that makes one think of the sea/ocean/water ... and, is supposed to have a quieting effect ... and, I thought it was a good match.
Red white and blue ... traditional ... and while yellow, white, blue is a clean look, suddenly throwing it in on those edges is as jarring as the white is ...

Mousie 04-01-2009 07:17 AM

based on my own taste, the one with red just jumped out at me. :D

Debbie1 04-01-2009 07:42 AM

Your last photo really sets off the stars - highlights them more!

BlueChicken 04-01-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by omak
The red looks good. I think the reason you may uncomfortable with the white is because of that "light fabric jumps out at you" phenomenon. By using color in the edge squares, you are actually popping the sampler squares forward.
I prefer the red (but that is because I am old! LOL feeling a little danger, I guess). Having watched a ton of decorating shows, the green is something that makes one think of the sea/ocean/water ... and, is supposed to have a quieting effect ... and, I thought it was a good match.
Red white and blue ... traditional ... and while yellow, white, blue is a clean look, suddenly throwing it in on those edges is as jarring as the white is ...

The other thing about white is .... I'm a mother with four children, and anything white just makes me think of how much dirt it will attract! LOL

Thanks for that... it's really cool to hear the reasons behind why something is prefered.

kwhite 04-01-2009 10:49 AM

I liked the white when I first saw it but now that I have seen all of these options I love the YELLOW!!!!! So springy and fresh. Afterall what can go better then blue (sky) and Yellow (sun). God loved it too.