Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For Candlequilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/candlequilter-t126817.html)

candlequilter 05-31-2011 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewmorethings
Looks better than the one i am trying to get done, can't seem to get the 1st and 2nd piece to go together right, i will keep trying, it is an awsome pattern

Sometimes looking at this picture helps figure out how they go.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

GreatStarter 05-31-2011 02:30 PM

Very pretty!

Kat

candlequilter 05-31-2011 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture that Susie601 just sent me of her Candlequilter Star Block that she did. I think she did a great job.

Thanks alot,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

isnthatodd 05-31-2011 03:02 PM

Susie's is very dramatic. I'm excited to see the whole quilt put together. Have you gotten any in the pastels or fall colors yet?

candlequilter 05-31-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Susie's is very dramatic. I'm excited to see the whole quilt put together. Have you gotten any in the pastels or fall colors yet?

So far I have only received one and it is a pastel summery color. No fall colors that I know of yet.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

isnthatodd 05-31-2011 05:19 PM

Sherryl, I sent a picture of the star to my sister, who immediately emailed back and asked if I could make her a quilt with that star in the center! I am going to make it 24", and surround it with squares of various sizes. It will be made of flannel in blues and browns and greens, which we have already been collecting. Thanks so much for the inspiration. It is just what she needs to help her thru some tough times ahead.

hperttula123 05-31-2011 05:32 PM

It is beautiful!

candlequilter 05-31-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Sherryl, I sent a picture of the star to my sister, who immediately emailed back and asked if I could make her a quilt with that star in the center! I am going to make it 24", and surround it with squares of various sizes. It will be made of flannel in blues and browns and greens, which we have already been collecting. Thanks so much for the inspiration. It is just what she needs to help her thru some tough times ahead.

That is so sweet. I hope that you post pictures after you get it made. I would love to see them and I really hope that it brings her the care, love and meaning that will help her.

Thanks for sharing,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

susie601 06-01-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Here is a picture that Susie601 just sent me of her Candlequilter Star Block that she did. I think she did a great job.

Thanks alot,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Thank you Sherryl for your help in posting this picture for me. I love the pattern and I do thank you for all of your patience and emails to help me out. I hope the other frustrated ladies will give it another try. It is satisfying when you get it finished. Thank you for the challenge and willingness to teach all of us to think outside the box! I hope you get lots of blocks!
Susan

Bobbinchick 06-01-2011 08:10 AM

Sherryl , you'll be getting one in the earth tone colors from me in a couple of days. Finally got it put together but had to try it four times to finally get one made, but hey..,,,,, I have PP dpown pat now. Huggies, Fay