Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Carpenter Wheel for my Camper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/carpenter-wheel-my-camper-t96268.html)

grammyto2 02-02-2011 07:07 PM

LOVE the colors, good job on the pieceing also.

lisalovesquilting 02-02-2011 07:11 PM

Very pretty.

Lynnie25 02-02-2011 07:16 PM

Beautiful colours, can't wait to see it completed. It will look amazing.

lbc 02-02-2011 07:18 PM

Love it. Love the bold colors.

Mousie 02-02-2011 07:19 PM

gonna use those colors too, but not with y seams! not yet!
not tomorrow...not next week...uh...don't hold yer breaf...although if I can put in a set in sleeve...but I'm in a lazy streak, lol...yeah, that's it...I can't help it. (my story ;) )
yours looks good to me and your dd has great taste!

rexie 02-02-2011 07:26 PM

Where can someone find that pattern? My husband and daughter are carpenters.

ilovetosew 02-02-2011 07:41 PM

The colours are beautiful together! Your Y seams are well done!
Janie

fabric whisperer 02-02-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
Where can someone find that pattern? My husband and daughter are carpenters.

Its actually very easy, with the diamonds, the 45-degree diamond ruler (shaped template) worked perfect for me... I cut 4" strips and it laid perfectly on it for positioning. Then make sure your bunny-ears stick out properly for the 1/4 seam. BUT STOP stitching 1/4" before the end, or you'll make up some new not-so-pleasant words (ask me how I know?!? :oops: )

For the cheater version, its just HST's, I cut 6" squares and made my HST's from those... trimmed down and what-i-got-was-what-i-got ~ didn't worry about measurements because everything was HST! For this version (monkeys) you need:
16 HST units of A/B fabrics
16 HST units of A/background
16 units of B/background
16 unuts of background/background

then you lay them out following the visual pattern... add sashing borders... voila

fabric whisperer 02-02-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
gonna use those colors too, but not with y seams! not yet!
not tomorrow...not next week...uh...don't hold yer breaf...although if I can put in a set in sleeve...but I'm in a lazy streak, lol...yeah, that's it...I can't help it. (my story ;) )
yours looks good to me and your dd has great taste!

Jump right in ~ try 'em! I marked my lighter fabrics (backside) lightly with a mechanical pencil... 1/4" inch from each cut... that reminded me of where to stop. Then I hand-tied each thread ending (because this was my first attempt, didn't want it to unravel). Worked like a charm until my last two pieces being set-in... then I realized that I had gone a couple extra stitches, and that was mucking that whole corner, and causing a big old pucker. Popped those stitches, redid that seam, and it went in like a charm.

amandasgramma 02-02-2011 07:50 PM

Gosh - I don't normally like purple, but this is going to be a beautiful quilt!!! Good job!