Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Table runner Half Hexi template used (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-table-runner-half-hexi-template-used-t208758.html)

busy fingers 12-18-2012 10:50 PM

Lovely and festive looking.

Evelynquilts 12-19-2012 02:31 AM

I made one also...found it easy and fun to do...:)

davis2se 12-19-2012 04:35 AM

I love this table topper. Just received my half hexi templates from MSQC in the mail the other day. I was a bit surprised that they did not come with any pattern or instructions, but I know I can get what I need off of you-tube. However, in watching the video I did not see where the template, or just the dimensions, for the star came from. Can some one help me with that? I'm sure I could figure them out myself given enough time, but since time is way, way short now I'd like a link or some direction. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

And again, I love your table topper.

Blinkokr 12-19-2012 04:41 AM

Cute, terrific job and thank you for sharing.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

LavenderBlue 12-19-2012 04:57 AM

Davis2se At the bottom of the youtube tutorial, hit the "more" button and there is a link to print off the template.

jennieb 12-19-2012 05:05 AM

beautiful!!

Originally Posted by chairjogger (Post 5728258)
Utube of Missouri Star Quilt company. Half Hexi Christmas table runner.. Great timing for Christmas present.
Heh ! Red letter Day !! I used only from my stash, from thread, top/ batting/ and backing !! Woo hoo ! Backing is same as 3 inch finished borders. YES! Have Never accomplished such a thing!

Present for my Daughter's table, ready for Santa's cookies and milk Christmas Eve.

I love how you did the star. I've made 2 now . The first star I just did a button hole stitch. The second, I satin stitch the edges, but I really like your criss cross design. If I knew how to post pics, I'd show you mine. Isn't it a fun project? I made the up down tree one that is right next to this one's tute on the Missouri website. So easy.

mighty 12-19-2012 08:08 AM

Love it!!! Great job!!!

chairjogger 12-19-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by davis2se (Post 5728761)
I love this table topper. Just received my half hexi templates from MSQC in the mail the other day. I was a bit surprised that they did not come with any pattern or instructions, but I know I can get what I need off of you-tube. However, in watching the video I did not see where the template, or just the dimensions, for the star came from. Can some one help me with that? I'm sure I could figure them out myself given enough time, but since time is way, way short now I'd like a link or some direction. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

And again, I love your table topper.

The star I used I made from a diamond shape template, cut several out and assembled. As the youtube talked of..i could not find a link to the star. Internet, type "childrens color pages star" the color pages will give you free shapes. The star is one of the shapes. PM me if you need.
Ell

javin22 12-19-2012 03:23 PM

I really like that. I was thinking of making one after watching their video. Looks super easy.

dcquilter 12-20-2012 08:03 AM

That is so cute! I really like it!