Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Crib Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/crib-quilt-t44947.html)

Jim's Gem 05-05-2010 03:46 PM

Beautiful quilting!!!

Borntohandquilt 05-05-2010 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Melody
Ohmigosh! that is absolutely beautiful! How long have you been handquilting? Do you have any secrets to share?? I've only been handquilting for about 6 years and I've got a long way to go to do that... if I ever do.

I started quilting about 20 years ago and several years during that time I was a fulltime quilter. Secrets? Well, I don't know... I think every handquilter must find out her/his own method and what works best. My way of quilting is a little different to the way it's teached in many books - I do single stiches, I don't use a thimble etc. But no secrets.

Melody 05-06-2010 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt

Originally Posted by Melody
Ohmigosh! that is absolutely beautiful! How long have you been handquilting? Do you have any secrets to share?? I've only been handquilting for about 6 years and I've got a long way to go to do that... if I ever do.

I started quilting about 20 years ago and several years during that time I was a fulltime quilter. Secrets? Well, I don't know... I think every handquilter must find out her/his own method and what works best. My way of quilting is a little different to the way it's teached in many books - I do single stiches, I don't use a thimble etc. But no secrets.

I am so impressed. And inspired.

sewjoyce 05-06-2010 06:05 AM

SINGLE STITCHES? OMG -- Now I'm doubly impressed!! :D

Borntohandquilt 05-06-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Yes, but I don't do stab stiching! I just pull out the needle after every stich, pull the thread just a little bit and do about 5 or 6 more stiches until I pull the thread trough completely. With that method my stiches are much more even.

Lyn4ty 05-06-2010 07:01 AM

awesome handquilting! I'm envious for sure.

sewjoyce 05-06-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Yes, but I don't do stab stiching! I just pull out the needle after every stich, pull the thread just a little bit and do about 5 or 6 more stiches until I pull the thread trough completely. With that method my stiches are much more even.

Awwww, now I get it!! When I "stab stitch", NONE of my stitches are the same size!! :lol: :lol:

sharon b 05-06-2010 08:09 PM

:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: Amazing ! I am speechless :lol:

Can I ask a stupid question :oops: Would that be considered a whole cloth quilt ?

virtualbernie 05-06-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: Amazing ! I am speechless :lol:

Can I ask a stupid question :oops: Would that be considered a whole cloth quilt ?

Yes :thumbup:

earthwalker 05-06-2010 08:55 PM

Exquisite. A true artist.