Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do I add another Blue or Stick which white (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-i-add-another-blue-stick-white-t24487.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-26-2009 07:04 AM

Your center block is amazing. I think you should do something to really set it off. Maybe just frame it in a nice blue.

tlrnhi 08-26-2009 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, the idea you now have for this quilt sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see!!!! Boy, that center sure looks great with those blocks....you might just inspire me to get mine out and actually make them into a quilt....nawwww...not today :roll:

Come on girl.....whatcha' waitin' for???? Show us another teaser of your layout!!!

Okay will do another layout soon, have to get the right blue for the borders though. Meanwhile doing Terri´s today have completed sewing on two borders so far then I have the special touch all planned after that. Woo hoo.

Elle

A special touch? WOOHOO!! I'm excited!

SharonC 08-26-2009 08:40 AM

Elle - your compass is amazing. I (like everyone else) am anxious to see how you lay this out and what it'll look like. It's really summery. The blue remind me of the Greek isles :).

joeyoz 08-26-2009 09:26 AM

I would maybe add a 1" blue, then white and then another 1" blue. You could do some really beautiful quilting in the white border in between the 2 blue 1" borders. Your compass is absolutely amazing.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

chickadee_42us 08-26-2009 03:45 PM

my 2 cents - I vote blue then a small white. I think a single white border looses the blue balance.

It's gorgeous.

chickadee_42us 08-26-2009 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by joeyoz
I would maybe add a 1" blue, then white and then another 1" blue. You could do some really beautiful quilting in the white border in between the 2 blue 1" borders. Your compass is absolutely amazing.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

I was going to say this but was toooooo afraid, three borders - YES.

pennyswings 08-26-2009 03:57 PM

I love the white Elle. Gosh the blocks are all so beautiful. I like CajinQuilter's suggestion, use a blue border around the center block. I like the color Mgshaw used in her quilt. I think the darker blue would look great and not detract in any way.

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
These blocks were part of a recent blue and white block exchange. I have now made the centre block of a Mariners Compass and when I laid them out on the white bedspread I wondered if it woud be better to stick to white with perhaps a last blue border.

OR do I edge each block in blue and then sew them together

I would be grateful for your suggestions.

Elle

Justquilting 08-26-2009 04:00 PM

Your compass is breathtaking!
Can't waiat to see what you do.
I'm sure it'll be stunning!!

sandpat 08-26-2009 05:29 PM

Sounds great Elle...I know you are busy. I can't wait to see what magic you create on Terri's quilt too! I'm just jumping up and down with excitement! :lol:

Sheree from Chicago 08-26-2009 05:34 PM

I think either way it will be beautiful!