Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you want to see some progress?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-want-see-some-progress-t4544.html)

Pam Pollock 02-20-2008 05:55 PM

Izy, your quilt is beautiful!!! You have really put a lot of fine work into it & it has paid off! Your color choices are great. It is just lovely!

Lois-nounoe 02-20-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
Sorry Tiffany. You have to at least know 1 or more words. I'll give you a couple that I know. Gato = Cat, Casa=house. :lol: :lol: Aren't you proud of me girls ?? :lol: :lol: (or am I wrong? :oops: ) I think that is my complete vocabulary in Spanish! :D

Then I definitely am in. I answered the phone the other day with "Ola! Komo estah!" Okay, go ahead and laugh. I know I said it right but I have no clue how to spell anything except US English. I know Casa (Me Casa, You Casa). Seems I learned a few things all those years ago when my girls watched Sesame Street. :lol:
~Tiffany

We keep this up we will be bi-lingual (NOT) in no time!!!! :lol:

Katrina 02-21-2008 04:07 AM

This is "out of this world" much less for a "first quilt"..........Keep up the good work and be sure to keep posting what you do.

Izy 02-21-2008 04:45 AM

I'm back!! My internet service went down on Sunday....and it has taken this long to get back on line!! Boy have I missed you all, but being positive...it has given me extra time to quilt lol!! I have settled down and
relaxed into doing the quilting - and what the heck if the lines are quite straight or there is abit of puckering....its my first quilt!! I will post some close up pictures really soon, and will show you all the mishaps, so you can see its not so perfect as you may think!!!!

Many thanks for all your lovely comments, you are all so generous with your compliments I feel humbled.

Rebecca Chambley 02-21-2008 05:12 AM

Humble is very gracious, But HECK, stand up and take a Bough. Your so called mistakes are way over shadowed by your over all beautiful work.

Izy 02-21-2008 05:23 AM

My motto is you have to make plenty of mistakes to learn anything worthwhile!!

Its more important to me nowadays to enjoy learning all the different techniques and try not worry too much about what the end result may be!!

foxxigrani 02-21-2008 06:14 AM

Even if there are flaws there that we can't see???? I said if... Its beautiful work and you are a gutsy lady to even try it. So there...

rita

Feathers 02-21-2008 08:02 AM

Izy: I'm again looking for my socks.......they've been knocked off by your beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so inspired and awe struck. Show us MORE! We thrive on seeing what everyone else is doing.

Quilting Aggi 02-21-2008 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
Didn't think Spanish was a required language in this website!! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you don't mind I'll stick to looking at the pictures. To late in life to learn new lingo!!! :D :D

hee hee you had me lost at Si!!! LOL.. Spanish is not a language that is used here.. Here in Canada we use English and French. Although here in Newfoundland we are known to have our own language too.. In fact, funny enough there is a HUGE Newfoundland dictionary... :)

Izy 02-21-2008 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest update here are closeups of my first attempt at quilting!! I haven't been brave enough yet to let loose in free motion so opted for the 'safe' option of in the ditch and echo - for now.....til I pluck up some courage!!