Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Double Wedding Ring from Cheryl Phillips' Book (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/double-wedding-ring-cheryl-phillips-book-t166396.html)

malega 11-06-2011 11:15 AM

OMG that is so very pretty, I love the roses in the center.

Sewflower 11-06-2011 11:41 AM

Beautiful. I'm putting that book on my wish list

QandE2010 11-06-2011 11:45 AM

I love your choice of fabric and your design. You did a really nice job completing this. Thanks for sharing.

MargeD 11-06-2011 11:46 AM

Beautiful quilt - another one on my "Roundtoit" list. Maybe someday.

texpat45 11-06-2011 11:58 AM

I love it! I love it! The roses are gorgeous!

deemail 11-06-2011 11:59 AM

thanks so much and i agree the roses make the quilt...nothing like having a remnant of upholstery fabric in the stash....I quilt with a girl who is a master of mixing prints and colors and I am doing my best to learn to be brave when shopping in my stash... this is one of my favorite pcs i've ever made and it's because of sewing with other people... we have a small (3 people) group that sews together every Thursday, from 9:30 am to approx 3-4 pm. Fun, we learn from each other and it keeps us focused on our projects.

Becca Bear 11-06-2011 12:07 PM

Just beautiful! I love the double wedding ring quilts!

mtspools 11-06-2011 12:09 PM

Beautiful !!!

sewphie 11-06-2011 12:52 PM

Very pretty quilt, this is one I have always loved but have never tempted, it looks so difficult to me.

deemail 11-06-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by sewphie (Post 4642288)
Very pretty quilt, this is one I have always loved but have never tempted, it looks so difficult to me.

just a quick rundown. 1. cut large circle for block 2. cut 4 ring arcs for rings around circle, they may match, but not necessarily 3. sew ring onto circle, 2 seams, both by machine 4. cut square of fussy cut or center detail 5. cut sq of batting 6. layer fussy cut, batting and circle and quilt 7. mark circle with guide in book for 4 corners of squares 8. match corner marks on one circle with corner marks on 2nd circle, sew together from corner 1 to corner 2... first 2 blocks joined....repeat .... you have yet to make ONE hand stitch... this is totally streamlined in the book for you and has one 12" ruler and the square guide IN the book for you... she outlines all requirements for different sizes of quilts/wallhangings and shows layouts for strip piecing, cutting, etc. There are many examples to give you ideas.... I don't usually buy books, i draft what i see and go from there. But, this was a totally new concept for me and the book was online for a little less than $20... the cost of the one, included, ruler alone is at least half that. I got a deal at the time that gave me the other two sizes of rulers and the large one is the one in my pic.... Personally, i have made DWR the regular way and I guarantee, learning curve and all, you will have an easier time doing this...