Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A few more of the William Morris blocks that I've made... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/few-more-william-morris-blocks-ive-made-t139620.html)

smagruder 07-24-2011 03:40 AM

Eddie, as always your work is impecable.
Riversong, I love everything you make.

Edie 07-24-2011 04:03 AM

Well, I made a quilt for myself, several years ago. I used the Bible Verses from "Virtuous WOman, Proverbs 31:10-31. I got a William Morris transfer design book from a book store (can't remember) and did 15 blocks, embroidered. I love it, but I swore I would never do another Wiliam Morris again. The grapevines were unbelievable.

Yours is gorgeous. Now I have to double think "Should I or shouldn't I?" Where did you get the patterns from? Edie

Jo Mama 07-24-2011 04:12 AM

Oh Eddie, these blocks are beautiful. Please keep us all posted on your progress. Thanks for sharing.

Krystyna 07-24-2011 04:15 AM

They are so lovely. The finished quilt will be remarkable.

Patti Mahoney 07-24-2011 04:21 AM

Hi Eddie, I'm taking a hand applique class now. I probably nuts but I just got the WM in Applique book in the mail this week. I hope I'm not over my head but I'm going to give it a try. I love hand applique. I'm taking a class with Mimi Dietrich. She's a wonderful instructor....Learning so much.
What technique are you using?

Eddie 07-24-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Well, I made a quilt for myself, several years ago. I used the Bible Verses from "Virtuous WOman, Proverbs 31:10-31. I got a William Morris transfer design book from a book store (can't remember) and did 15 blocks, embroidered. I love it, but I swore I would never do another Wiliam Morris again. The grapevines were unbelievable.

Yours is gorgeous. Now I have to double think "Should I or shouldn't I?" Where did you get the patterns from? Edie

They're from the book called "William Morris in Applique" by Michele Hill. This particular quilt is called "Friends". There are so many beautiful projects in the book, it's hard to decide which one to do first! :)

Eddie 07-24-2011 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
Hi Eddie, I'm taking a hand applique class now. I probably nuts but I just got the WM in Applique book in the mail this week. I hope I'm not over my head but I'm going to give it a try. I love hand applique. I'm taking a class with Mimi Dietrich. She's a wonderful instructor....Learning so much.
What technique are you using?

I'm fusing the shapes to the background with Shades SoftFuse. I really like it since it is an extremely lightweight fusable that leaves the finished blocks nice and supple instead of stiff. When I get home I'll do a machine blanket stitch around the edge of each shape in matching thread colors using the tiniest settings on the machine for length and width.

QuiltMom2 07-24-2011 04:28 AM

Those are absolutely gorgeous!! I've always been a fan of William Morris design.

QuiltMom2 07-24-2011 04:28 AM

Those are absolutely gorgeous!! I've always been a fan of William Morris design.

#1piecemaker 07-24-2011 04:32 AM

Very pretty!! Can't wait to see the quilt when you finish.