Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First Attempt At Hand Applique (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-attempt-hand-applique-t18273.html)

MollieSue 05-02-2009 06:35 PM

Tisha, you say this is needle turned, does that mean every flower petal you've turned the edge under and sewn it down? Wow!!!
The few things I've appliqued, I've just used the wonder under, and stitched around it. And they were much bigger pieces!
Your Lilac is beautiful!!!! :D

quilter1962 05-03-2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Take your time....do it in front of the telly...thats what I do. I can't seem to just sit and watch something...have to have my hands busy...maybe I have some type of disease :roll:

LOL Patti

You & I are so alike - DH tells me to sit down before I burn out - he'd soon shout though if his shirts weren't startched & ironed, bless him.

quilter1962 05-03-2009 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Tisha, those are beautiful flowers! Are you still offering to share the patterns? I am ready to try hand applique! :lol:

Sharon

I have PM'd you

Tisha

quilter1962 05-03-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by quilts again
BEAUTIFUL!

Well thank you Quilts Again

Tisha

quilter1962 05-03-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Tisha´
Wow!! Although different this is just as beautiful as your first one.
By the way, what did you decide to do as a quilt color around the red flowers. I say red flowers because I probably can not spell geraniums, LOL.
I think you have found your niche. I love doing applique work it is so creative. You are doing a wonderful job too. I am drooling and I can't wait to see the next one.

Ah

Thank you Penny
LOL I've still not decided what to do about the border as I had intended to make just the one block, then after being egged on by my friends here decided to go ahead & do another block. I now find myself thinking about doing the remaining 7 blocks. :roll: So all in all I may well just put black sashing in between each of the blocks.
If you check back in here in say a year of two you may just see it completed LOL.

Tisha

quilter1962 05-03-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
Tisha, you say this is needle turned, does that mean every flower petal you've turned the edge under and sewn it down? Wow!!!
The few things I've appliqued, I've just used the wonder under, and
stitched around it. And they were much bigger pieces!
Your Lilac is beautiful!!!! :D

Diana

Thanks for your comments - the only needle turn is the leaves the flower heads are made using bondaweb ironed onto one side of the fabric when it's cooled & you remove the paper iron fabric onto the other side this really makes the fabric nice & firm. Draw each flower onto the bondawebbed fabric cut out, arrange as desired & sew in place with French Knots. Easy peasy - but very time consumming.
You ought to give it a bash LOL.

Tisha

Sharon M 05-03-2009 03:15 PM

just beautiful! I can't believe it is your first attempt at applique. You certainly have a knack for it :thumbup:

quilter1962 05-15-2009 11:21 AM

LOL Loretta

Bet you can with all the rain we've had here today.

Tisha :D

Bettia 10-07-2009 06:55 PM

How did I miss this. OMG! those are so real looking .
I love them.
Ditto Loretta, I can almost smell them. I would love to play too.
Mother may I?

Bettia

sadlup2466 01-07-2010 07:27 AM

Most of my quilts are applique. This is awsome. May i please get the how to do too? Deanna