Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First few embroidered blocks for baby quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-few-embroidered-blocks-baby-quilt-t25396.html)

Ducky 09-13-2009 07:00 AM

Thank you so much, Scrappinmad and Bev. I've had so much fun in doing them. I just hope my nephew and wife like it as much as I do.!

joeyoz 09-13-2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
And, thank you 2wheelwoman, suzi and Joeyoz....I'm really hoping I can make the setting around them "right". I have lots of baby fabrics -- both cotton and flannel -- and I was wondering if I couldn't do a little bit of a scrappy block. We'll see.

Scrappy blocks would be wonderful!! :-) :-)

Ducky 09-13-2009 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by joeyoz

Originally Posted by Ducky
And, thank you 2wheelwoman, suzi and Joeyoz....I'm really hoping I can make the setting around them "right". I have lots of baby fabrics -- both cotton and flannel -- and I was wondering if I couldn't do a little bit of a scrappy block. We'll see.

Scrappy blocks would be wonderful!! :-) :-)

I think I will do a scrappy flannel look. I agree -- I think it would look wonderful.

Arizona Sunshine 09-14-2009 10:11 AM

Ducky, Are these large or small there are 2 sets? I love them they are so so cute. Great job

Arizona Sunshine 09-14-2009 10:20 AM

sorry double entery new on here posting

Skeat 09-14-2009 10:26 AM

Awww! What a great gift!! And work! But, really cute! And, yes, you should write them and tell them the duck must have been lost on the trip or something!:)Skeat (how long does it take to make one of those...say the turtle. They do look like much work/time is involved and thread! But, since I don't have one...I wasn't sure)

Debbie1 09-14-2009 10:44 AM

They are wonderful - very cute!

Ducky 09-14-2009 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Awww! What a great gift!! And work! But, really cute! And, yes, you should write them and tell them the duck must have been lost on the trip or something!:)Skeat (how long does it take to make one of those...say the turtle. They do look like much work/time is involved and thread! But, since I don't have one...I wasn't sure)

Some certainly take more time than others. For something like the turle, I usually can plan on 45 mins. or so....and that's without interruptions. I'm working on slowly building up my threads with larger spools than just the 200's.

Skeat 09-14-2009 03:44 PM

Some certainly take more time than others. For something like the turle, I usually can plan on 45 mins. or so....and that's without interruptions. I'm working on slowly building up my threads with larger spools than just the 200's. [/quote]

Wow Ducky!! That is why they look so amazing! Thanks for telling:)Skeat

mcdaniel023 09-14-2009 03:50 PM

My DH asked me if I would like an embrodery machine for my birthday. I told him no, because I really didn't like it that much. Well, I just changed my mind. Those are really awesome. Love them! My favorite is the teddy with the teddy.