Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First time to applique and first time to design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-time-applique-first-time-design-t80788.html)

Grandma Cindy 12-08-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
Great job!
May I ask about avatar quilt? Love it! Is there a pattern or reference you could provide?

Careful...you'll be getting asked to make them for everyone in the car club featuring their specific car. Be prepared with an answer (or price!).

A high price, either they will walk away or make it worth your time...

tutty 12-08-2010 07:20 AM

Super !

marmalade 12-08-2010 06:36 PM

I bow down to your designing ability! That is going to make your dad over the moon! I really like the added detail on the tires - BF Goodrich - smokin!

Angelmerritt 12-17-2010 10:48 AM

We'll we had our gift exchange early this year and it went very well. For a man who could win the lotto and not even crack a smile, he sure did seam to like the quilt. According to my mom, he talked about it a lot on their long drive home and said he is eager for spring, so he can show it off at a car show. He claims it's not fair to give it to him in winter. . . like getting a new bike for Christmas when there is 3 feet of snow outside and has to wait for months to take that first ride! I've been walking on clouds since this weekend with such joy that (1) I like the outcome of the quilt and (2) brought a smile to his face and made his day! I love giving away quilts that are appreciated!!!!!!!!

hannajo 12-18-2010 10:34 AM

Thanks for updating us, Angelmerritt! I'm sure no one is surprised he loves it so much.

maryb119 12-18-2010 10:41 AM

What an awesome gift! My DH has a 1979 Olds Culass that is his passion, too. I may borrow your ides for next year for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

pookie ookie 12-18-2010 10:45 AM

That is just as cool as a ride in the car. Lucky Pops.

Lisa T 12-18-2010 10:47 AM

Wow. This is great. I am VERY impressed!

nena 12-18-2010 10:48 AM

That is awesome!

marmalade 12-18-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
We'll we had our gift exchange early this year and it went very well. For a man who could win the lotto and not even crack a smile, he sure did seam to like the quilt. According to my mom, he talked about it a lot on their long drive home and said he is eager for spring, so he can show it off at a car show. He claims it's not fair to give it to him in winter. . . like getting a new bike for Christmas when there is 3 feet of snow outside and has to wait for months to take that first ride! I've been walking on clouds since this weekend with such joy that (1) I like the outcome of the quilt and (2) brought a smile to his face and made his day! I love giving away quilts that are appreciated!!!!!!!!

I just love a happy ending!!!

:D :D :D