Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Granddaughter's quilt .... gone but not forgotten (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/granddaughters-quilt-gone-but-not-forgotten-t33636.html)

ProudGranny5 01-09-2010 11:39 AM

Thank you all for the compliments on my quilt. Sad to say...but the step sister is well over 21. She doesn't live with them..neither does the other sister who is I think 19.
Those 2 step sisters I am so sorry to say...will Never get a quilt from me. They don't know how to respect anything, much less anyone.
My little granddaughter told me that she will never forget her first quilt, but I told her the next one would be bigger and better as she would be helping me with it. We can make our own story about the 'new' quilt.

anglgrl 01-09-2010 11:49 AM

I love your response ProudGranny I hope I can be a grandma one day just like you are. And I don't think I could make such a bad girl, if she did it on purpose, a quilt.

kwhite 01-09-2010 11:54 AM

I half way didn't want to read this. I am glad it was the quilt that had been burned. I was thinking something else. Though we put our hearts and souls into making them, they are after all "just things" and the people in our lives are so much more valuable. You are a Great Gramma.

maryb119 01-09-2010 01:57 PM

You get the "Grandma of the Year" award. It is sad that the quilt was distroyed by someone so heartless but you handled it beautifully. I am sure your DG will love the second quilt just as much and she will treasure the time with Grandma she will have while making it.

Debbie1 01-09-2010 02:10 PM

Sounds like she treasured her quilt very much that's why she wanted a new. Thank goodness for Grandma! This one will be just as well loved from the sound of things! Way to go Grandma!

vickster 01-09-2010 02:20 PM

alot of work maybe ss were jealous as they dont have their own quilt made by their grandma

Mousie 01-09-2010 03:23 PM

If the step sisters are 19 and 21, how old is Maggie?
That was five years ago, and her hands were pretty small, so she can't be more than 13 at the most?
Her steps are adults (in age) for pete's sakes!
How loving of you to make a new one and to let Maggie help you with it. She is never going to forget what a wonderful, wonderful grandma she has. :-D

FranW 01-09-2010 04:31 PM

You are a wonderful grandma. Just a thought. Could you print out a pic of the first quilt and include it on the second quilt? Your granddaughter must have some wonderful memories from the first quilt and that might tie it in with the new memories that will be created with the second quilt. And granddaughter is blessed to have a grandma like you!
Take care, Fran

Barb_MO 01-09-2010 04:48 PM

So sad about your granddaughter's quilt. I'm sure it will never be forgotten by you or the granddaughter. So important that she will get a replacement quilt.
I like the idea of Fran's of using the photo in the new quilt.

sewnsewer2 01-09-2010 06:45 PM

That was just plain mean! I'm so glad you can make her another one. I know she will be most appreciative.