Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Have anyone kept a UFO for 32 years (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/have-anyone-kept-ufo-32-years-t89150.html)

P-BurgKay 01-11-2011 07:38 AM

Yes, I have one that I started before my son was born, and it has not been finished yet, and my son is 43 now.

HisPatchwork 01-11-2011 08:05 AM

Not yet.....I haven't been quilting that long...lol...although I do have many in various stages.

Poakie 01-11-2011 08:25 AM

That is a cute picture and the quilt is adorable!

Mariposa 01-11-2011 08:35 AM

Congrats on finishing it, and giving it a loving home! :)

kbs 01-11-2011 08:36 AM

This quilt is cute, glad you finished it. Cute boys too.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 01-11-2011 08:37 AM

Really cute

Joan Gaddis 01-11-2011 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i had one for 24 years. my daughter wanted me to do embroidery and i didn't really know how. it got pushed around and i totally forgot about it. Her son gor married and had a son. well i found that ufo when i was cleaning my sewing room, so i finished it and gave to my daughter.

kwendt 01-11-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 76 and counting
This quilt was started when my grandson Joshua was a baby I put it away and forgot it until we moved . Then it just kept being pushed around for ten years. Jusha is 32 and has a year old son Michael now, so I finished it . This is the picture of them with the quilt.

Gosh, such a great quilt and there's some handsome men enjoying it, I must say!

Well... I don't have any long term UFOs of my own yet, BUT... does it count if you have a whole 60 gal plastic tote of your mothers UFOs dating back to the 30's, 40's and 50's? I've got fabrics from her that still have the old Grant's Dept Store tag on them, complete with penciled in yardages and prices in the pennies/yard catagory! I've also got some embroidery, cross stitch, quilting kits on "brand new, amazing wonder fabric that will not wrinkle!" (aka a cotton/poly/pellon co. blend for the 'busy housewife of the 40's'.)

kwendt 01-11-2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Joan Gaddis
i had one for 24 years. my daughter wanted me to do embroidery and i didn't really know how. it got pushed around and i totally forgot about it. Her son gor married and had a son. well i found that ufo when i was cleaning my sewing room, so i finished it and gave to my daughter.

The rabbits are super cute!

Joan Gaddis 01-11-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by kwendt

Originally Posted by Joan Gaddis

The rabbits are super cute!

thank you i told my daughter to be careful the stitches might come out!!!!