Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help with what I am work on..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-what-i-am-work-t118291.html)

cinnya 04-23-2011 02:05 PM

I would seperate the 2 prints with a narrow strip of the dark blue fabric and then bind it with the same blue.

cjr 04-23-2011 02:05 PM

I have mixed feelings. If you use it separate it from other prints with a solid. The blue rose print is so pretty as is you ? fabric. Use but let each stand alone. I like beautiful fabrics to be frasmed and admired,

QuiltE 04-23-2011 02:05 PM

I think it works well with the other fabrics.

Although, I am not partial to it being right next to the one it is with right now. Colour wise they go together nicely. Just that both are busy, together, and you don't get to enjoy them ... almost like they are fighting it out!

Find another fabric to coordinate them all together, and act as a division between those two.

What are you making? ... quilt block into a quilt? or?

amyjo 04-23-2011 02:13 PM

I agree with the last ladies that you should separate the two prints with a solid. then it should be very pretty.

Boxer mom 04-23-2011 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Boxer mom

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
I'm with you, not sure. It depends on whether you like the darker tone with the others or not. I personally would like something a bit lighter in tone. I'm assuming you want honesty (sorry....)

Yes! I am kinda with you two, I think the tanish coloring is too light so it is not matching with the rest. Be right back going to takw a pick of my other options......

Okay here are the other choices.....

I think this will not work because of the strips being too close to each other
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188068[/ATTACH]

This one is supose to be used for a thin boarder when this block is done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188069[/ATTACH]

I am liking this one but it will have the dark blue trangle on the end like the row before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188070[/ATTACH]

FQ Stash Queen 04-23-2011 02:24 PM

First one feels kinda busy for me. Like the second one. Good luck. Be sure to post your choice.

Boxer mom 04-23-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
I think it works well with the other fabrics.

Although, I am not partial to it being right next to the one it is with right now. Colour wise they go together nicely. Just that both are busy, together, and you don't get to enjoy them ... almost like they are fighting it out!

Find another fabric to coordinate them all together, and act as a division between those two.

What are you making? ... quilt block into a quilt? or?

Yes, it is going to be a quilt top.

frauhahn 04-23-2011 02:26 PM

Wow! I'm not big on flowers, but this looks great together! Sort of looks French country!

jodi58 04-23-2011 02:32 PM

If you lay the medium blue and the dark blue triangle next to each other and there is enough contrast, I would go with the medium blue.

applegramma 04-23-2011 02:44 PM

I like the fabric combinations!!! They compliment each other very well! You will probably be pleasantly surprised!!! Just take a leap outside the box!