Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I hope she will help a child with cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hope-she-will-help-child-cancer-t56981.html)

wordpaintervs 08-31-2010 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here the latest doll is, having a moment with her 'sister dolls' on the couch. One day they'll each lay in the arms of a child. I didn't show the nightgown this time. She is the 3rd on to your right

wordpaintervs 09-01-2010 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the last one (to your far right) (and didn't show the nightgown which features dark pink bows and pink lace on it) for now, visiting with her 3 sisters. I call the picture the 4 sisters. The last one has 3 inch lace in 5 layers over the fabric, and pretty (while thin) ribbon to accent the color of the flowers on the top.

They are ready to find a new home with a sweet little girl.

I hope you will enjoy seeing them.

grann of 6 09-01-2010 09:13 AM

They're just precious, Vickey. Some little girls will be thrilled to have them close to confide in.

ejpkam 09-01-2010 10:19 AM

God Bless you !

wordpaintervs 09-01-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
They're just precious, Vickey. Some little girls will be thrilled to have them close to confide in.

Thanks. I have 15 bodies cut out that I have to sew and stuff then I will have to make 15 dresses plus 15 nightgowns and 30 bonnets for them. It is time consuming, but worth all that effort, even though it takes about 12 hours per doll..

In the total time I have worked on these (earlier ones were smaller) I have made 20 dolls. I plan to keep going on the dolls just as long as I can.

Thanks for the reply. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for your own efforts to help me and the dolls 4 kids with cancer.

Vickey

wordpaintervs 09-01-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ejpkam
God Bless you !

Thanks for taking time to come here and see the dolls.

If there is a child out there in need of a doll, please contact me, and if there is a way for me to get a doll out to them, I will. I have a donation of petty cash to pay P&H with, that might last a short time.

God bless you and yours as well.

wordpaintervs 09-06-2010 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A lady sent me an email 2 days ago. She knew I made dolls for kids with cancer, and wanted to know if she could buy a doll for her grandson (boy doll). She explained that the little guy (not yet 18 months old) has infantile seizures and having a rough time in life. As I understand it, children like this ofter go on to have regular seizures after age 5 or so, and many are developmentally disabled as well. She told me her grandsons development at this point is 6 month. I asked myself, how could I not get a doll to her for such a child as this, hoping the little guy (Alex) can somehow connect in time to this doll. I have dressed it in old flannel material (very soft and very old) and used soft denim look cloth for soft overalls. It has 3 pockets. One on the bib and 2 on the left side of the overalls. I didn't think anyone would mind this not going to a child with cancer as most of them will be doing. The only exception would be something like this, or a child who is chronically and serious otherwise ill. Most all the dolls will be for a little one with cancer. I hope you like seeing these.

Vickey Stamps

wordpaintervs 09-06-2010 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
two more views. I hope you have enjoyed them.

Hugs to all

Vickey Stamps

annette1952 09-06-2010 08:09 PM

You are a very special person! The dolls are beautiful. They will bring comfort to the children

grann of 6 09-07-2010 03:44 AM

Vickey, he is just precious :!: :-D :lol: You are so generous with your time and love. He will bond with it, I am sure.