Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm at Hamilton, Mo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-hamilton-mo-t280511.html)

twinkie 07-18-2016 03:14 AM

Good for you. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

Texas_Sue 07-18-2016 03:22 AM

I am so jealous. Not really, but I am so happy when I see people enjoying themselves there. I'm hoping to win the grand prize so my friend and I can come for ourselves - LOL!!!! Glad you had a grand time and hope many others will also.

lindaschipper 07-18-2016 03:42 AM

I'm from eastern Iowa also...my husband hates long road trips, so doubt if I will ever get to Hamilton unless I go by myself.

winky11 07-18-2016 03:51 AM

My husband and I just stopped on our way home from our vacation at the beginning of July. I LOVED it. My husband got into and helped with picking out fabric for quilts for a niece and nephew who are both getting married soon. We had a great time. I hope to go back again sometime but it is a little far for us. LOL

luvstoquilt 07-18-2016 04:25 AM

It is on my list!

callen 07-18-2016 05:14 AM

Wow, lucky you & a bonus, your DH understands your passion & no pressure from him.

marcycn 07-18-2016 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 7604535)
I'm from eastern Iowa also...my husband hates long road trips, so doubt if I will ever get to Hamilton unless I go by myself.

Take a girl friend with you and have a girls trip. :-) A lot more relaxing. lol

dahlshouse 07-18-2016 06:12 AM

What fun... I am making a trip to Baltimore from WA state in October and Hamilton is my only planned stop on my way home... Am so looking forward to this....

tessagin 07-18-2016 06:29 AM

I'm planning on a trip up north whether hubby wants to go or not by the end of the year. I want to see family. Have already made my route and Hamilton is on it. I'm taking notes.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-18-2016 06:51 AM

Cannot say I enjoyed seeing it nor was I impressed. In their newest shop, you sign in with your email on either side of the walls, then pick it up from the front cashier. Too commercial for me, like a tourist trap. Stood in line for better than forty minutes to make a small purchase. If you chose one piece and want to match it in another, you must pay for it first before going on to next store...quilt shop. The whole town is quilt shops. American Patches and quilting magazine featured on article on the town and Jenny Doan. People were friendly and the food was good. Guess I like the less traveled back roads. Cameron shop was excellent and Jamesport,Mo., Amish shop, too. Would love to see the Amish quilt shop in the middle of Indiana, also featured in the magazine mentioned. And at Branson, Mo., is also another big quilt shop listed in the magazine.

Amish Colonies in Iowa feature two wonderful quilt shops. West Des Moines, Iowa have four wonderful quilt shops. Quilt Block, At the Heart of Quilting, Fireside, and Creekside QS has over 5000 bolts to selection quilt material. And Newton, Iowa, has the Crazy RedHead QS with ware house sale twice a year. (five or six dollars a yard!) No thanks, no trips to Hamilton are in my plans.