Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   IRR Group 1; Round 4 borders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/irr-group-1%3B-round-4-borders-t46941.html)

sandpat 09-09-2010 01:07 PM

Yes Kimberly, Duckey is right. Blue has it and she will be working on it in the next couple of weeks. I heard from her this morning.

Ducky 09-09-2010 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is part of the final border for SazuBMidland. I got such a late start, but I am feeling so much better and have the mindset to be back on track. ***in other words, DH is a quilt widower once again*** I did a nice job on matching the colors, but I was really hoping the pattern would show more of a twisting motion with the colors. The only thing I need to figure out is what I'm going to do with the cornerstones. Also, I will put a narrow border between the last one and this one to help size it correctly.

Question: Should that narrow border be dark green? What do you think?

A little disappointed that the colors don't look more entwined
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114528[/ATTACH]

What does everyone think about the sizing border color?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114529[/ATTACH]

sandpat 09-09-2010 05:56 PM

I think pulling the dark green back out for the sizing border is a great idea. I also think that when you get more done it will maybe show more twining...I saw it immediately when the pic first came up. So...I think its a great finish and can't wait to see it on all 4 sides!

I'm glad you are feeling better now...congrats to your DH on becoming a quilt widow again! Lol!!

Ducky 09-09-2010 06:30 PM

Thanks, Patti. You know, the more I look at it, the more I think that a dark green sizing border would be too much dark. ***putting on my ducky-sized thinking cap*** I believe the corners will be embroidered.

sandpat 09-09-2010 07:06 PM

Well Ducky, I was thinking to match the green color (the darker green) in the center...so not a really dark one..but you get that little whirly ducky thinking cap situated on your little head (I keep seeing a little beanie with a propeller on the top) and I know you will figure out just the right thing :D:

Editted to say...hmmm, who says the sizing border has to be a solid? what about something more similar to the floral print in the center or something along those lines?

tlrnhi 09-09-2010 07:25 PM

I think it's beautiful! I know whatever you decide...it'll look great!

mamabird3 09-09-2010 09:40 PM

What a great border Ducky!! Love the pattern!

SazuBMidlands 09-09-2010 10:49 PM

Oh wow! *Happy dance*
I reckon Terri is right - whatever you decide will look great!
I can't wait to get this one home :D

Ducky 09-10-2010 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
(I keep seeing a little beanie with a propeller on the top)

Editted to say...hmmm, who says the sizing border has to be a solid? what about something more similar to the floral print in the center or something along those lines?

***wondering just how in the world Patti knew what my thinking cap looks like...!!!*** I wore my thinking cap to bed (I had to tape the propeller down) and an epiphany came to me about 3:20 this morning. No joke -- this has seriously been on my mind for a few weeks now, and during one of my "wake up times' throughout the night, there it was. All I'll say is that there will be a narrow strip on each side of my border and I will have embroidery in the corners. ***must bustle off to the LQS soon.......bwahahahaha***

sandpat 09-10-2010 05:15 PM

Aww...heck, now that sounds interesting ..and a shopping trip????? :shock: Darn it...I had to go today and wouldn't you know..I didn't find what I needed. I'll have to go tomorrow too!