Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I've been busy quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ive-been-busy-quilting-t21614.html)

kluedesigns 06-21-2009 08:55 AM

its beautiful!! and i think your quilting is stunning.

i know this is crazy but i don't care for perfect quilting - it just doesn't look handcrafted to me - this is why i've never purchased a computer quilter or a stitch regulator.

bearisgray 06-21-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
its beautiful!! and i think your quilting is stunning.

i know this is crazy but i don't care for perfect quilting - it just doesn't look handcrafted to me - this is why i've never purchased a computer quilter or a stitch regulator.

"perfect" - does look machine-done to me, too

Lacelady 06-21-2009 09:16 AM

I assure you that I sat over the last couple of days and wiggled the fabric under my machine. Perhaps I am knit picking with my own work, but then which of you are completely satisfied with your first efforts?

kluedesigns 06-21-2009 09:18 AM

we always notice the flaws in our work but everyone else only see beautiful flawlessness.

bearisgray 06-21-2009 09:19 AM

yes, you are nit-picking your own work. it's beautiful.

Lacelady 06-21-2009 09:21 AM

Thank you Klu & Bear is grey, I shall have to half close my eyes and squint at it, so that I can't see the niggles!

bearisgray 06-21-2009 09:23 AM

oh, you can look at your work with your eyes wide open

and reach around and give yourself a pat on the back, while you are at it

Lacelady 06-21-2009 09:30 AM

Dear Bearisgray, you made my laugh, thank you!

Rhonda 06-21-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I made eight of the placemats Loretta, so by the time I had the last one done, I was getting reasonably even with the feathers.

I don't know if this helps but I discovered if I took the picture from some distance away and then cropped the part I wanted for a closeup my colors are more true. My flash was distorting the colors or washing them out totally. I had better luck with standing back aways to take the pic than bending over it up close.
It is so frustrating when you can't get a good picture!!

Now on to the important stuff!! I love your kaleidoscope as I said when you showed it before the quilting.
Now with the quilting it is really something!!!! A great way to practice!!
I don't have room for a machine like that but I wish I did!
Your feathers are looking good I think! I love your color choices!!

Lacelady 06-21-2009 09:39 AM

AAHHH, thank you Rhonda - I don't know why I never thought of that - (cropping a larger photo, that is) I will certainly bear it in mind. When I try out new techniques, I always look to see if I can try more than one technique in the same piece, hence this latest one. I also try out new techniques on Project Linus quilts, because they are smaller than regular (bed) sized quilts, and therefore quicker to finish.