Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/january-2010-doll-quilt-swap-pictures-t33466.html)

wvdek 02-04-2010 06:44 AM

Sure is purdy. Enjoy it Sandpat.

Rhonda 02-04-2010 10:20 AM

Jljack that is a really great representation of your state! Sandpat you are getting quite a treasure!!

Wvdek love your avatar!! So cute!

So can I post Terri's DQ then? I wasn't sure if we were waiting or not. The waiting is sooooo hard!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jljack 02-04-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Beautiful, did you applique it??

Hi Buddy's Mom -- Yes, I put together the little quail from a stained glass pattern, fusing the pieces on then machine stitching around. The poppy is a whole piece cut out of fabric, fused down and raw edge sewn down. Thanks for the compliments. I am so glad you all like it.

jljack 02-04-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Its MINE....ALL MINE!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! *Doing the happy happy happy dance!!*

Of course I had to come look....wouldn't you?! I love it Janice, and I know it will be even better in person! Thank you, thank you!!!

Hah Patti!!! I knew you couldn't resist looking!!! :lol: :lol: The colors are better in person, and with it you get some very California extras (except for 1 - pinned to the quilt, but meant to be used wherever you want to). One thing you might say "California?", but there are little cities within cities here, and I am sure you will understand. ;) ;)

jljack 02-04-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Jljack that is a really great representation of your state! Sandpat you are getting quite a treasure!!

Wvdek love your avatar!! So cute!

So can I post Terri's DQ then? I wasn't sure if we were waiting or not. The waiting is sooooo hard!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post, Rhonda, post!!!! We don't wait very well!! :lol:

jljack 02-04-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Love that quilt J - wow!!! The bird is beautiful and so is the poppy! Another California quilt, representing us well!

Thanks, esq. From one Californian to another.

Rhonda 02-04-2010 02:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok here is my Corn Corn Corn! quilt for Terri! I sent it priority so I hope she sees it today or tomarrow.

I am in Iowa where I grew up. My grandparents both had farms. We lived in house that had cornfield on three sides of our yard. When the corn was 7 ft tall the only side you could look out on was the side that faced the road.

We played hide and seek in the cornfields and my cousin Jim and I played in the shelled corn in the top of the corn crib when we were kids. We buried each other in the shelled corn etc. It was like playing sand.

So there are lots more ways corn was the center of my childhood. So I chose corn to represent Iowa which is in the middle of the corn belt.

The blue is the sky and the brown represents the rich topsoil Iowa is known for.

Quilt Mom 02-04-2010 02:25 PM

Oh, how fun! Great use of the corn fabric! And neat explanation.

Knot Sew 02-04-2010 02:37 PM

I like it, that's a wonderful quilt. I think it must be the top vegetable in the US :thumbup:

STAR 02-04-2010 06:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here is my quilt from youme's friend in japan, she is a hand quilter and I love it and all the goodies!! Thank you!!

look at the detail on these little toothpicks!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33509[/ATTACH]